PSP 3.03 Downgrader !

After much work over the past few days, we finally succeeded - we have an easy-to-use downgrader for v3.03 PSPs!

Some ground-rules:

This downgrader is for v3.03 firmware only. But if you have v2.81 - v3.02, no problem - you can just upgrade to v3.03 to use the downgrader.

You need a copy of the unpatched GTA:Liberty City Stories UMD. No ISOs, no patched UMDs, not Vice City Stories. See here for some info on how to check if your version is patched. The most reliable way : the unpatched disks have the v2.0 firmware update on them.

This downgrader is intended to enable homebrew. Homebrew is NOT the same as piracy. Don't be a thieving loser - buy the games you play.

The downgrader will work on all current PSP hardware (TA-079 - TA-086). Patching of TA-082+ is automatic in the downgrader.

You downgrade at your own risk. There is always a chance of bricking, although we have done everything we can think of to make this process safe.

Source Link

i was just about to come on here and post a topic about this.

this is great news, but the only catch is that most people will have to go out and buy the UMD before they can do this.

Yea, but its a HUGE step for these guys. I was hoping to get this tonight before work tomorrow.

I went through the whole 'hello world' procedure to make sure i had the old gta umd, and everything went smoothly.

Im going to go ahead and upgrade to 3.03 now and go though this process now. (crosses fingers)

All done. Just as smooth as it was went i tried the hello world hack.

My hat goes off to the folks behind this nice piece of work. Great Job!

No back onto my Homebrews! :D

Is it easy to get hold of a unpatched GTA?

I'm considering getting a PSP now... :whistle:

I just got my PSP for x-mas and didn't need GTA. Mine came with 2.6 so I upgraded 2.71 then used the TA downgrader to 1.5.

I just updated from 3.03OEB to 3.03OEC yesterday. You only need GTA if your firmware is >2.71

I just got my PSP for x-mas and didn't need GTA. Mine came with 2.6 so I upgraded 2.71 then used the TA downgrader to 1.5.

I just updated from 3.03OEB to 3.03OEC yesterday. You only need GTA if your firmware is >2.71

I see.

I was under the impression that all PSPs that can be bought now are 3.03.

I see.

I was under the impression that all PSPs that can be bought now are 3.03.

Oh of course not. I would imagine most PSP's you would find arn't even >3.00 because stores still are getting rid of their older psps. Trust me, it would be very easy to find one under 3.00 if your looking for one :D.

hi im installing the 3.03 OE-C and my psp has been on the screen with the white text saying 'extracting and packing 3.03 fireware....'

is this process sposed to take > 30 mins? coz its been roughly 35mins....

any help appreciated, i dont wanna switch off the psp incase i brick it...

cheers

hi im installing the 3.03 OE-C and my psp has been on the screen with the white text saying 'extracting and packing 3.03 fireware....'

is this process sposed to take > 30 mins? coz its been roughly 35mins....

any help appreciated, i dont wanna switch off the psp incase i brick it...

cheers

It only took about 1 or 2 minutes for me. You are referring to the update maker right? The update maker extracts files from 1.50 and 3.03 firmware files then creates a dxar file which you move into the flasher folder. The update maker doesn't affect the PSP's flash at all so it's fine to power off - if this is definitely the point you're at.

excellent i powered off and trying the process again, now it appears to be stuck on the 1.50 firmware subset...

any chance of you or someone else sending me the dxar file it's sposed to create?

excellent i powered off and trying the process again, now it appears to be stuck on the 1.50 firmware subset...

any chance of you or someone else sending me the dxar file it's sposed to create?

Just sent you a PM.

I heard about the 3.03 downgrader a few days ago, and I was really excited, until I read that you needed a copy of GTA. So to hell with it, I upgraded to 3.10, and I'm just gonna wait for that downgrader. And here's hoping that one doesn't require another UMD.

I heard about the 3.03 downgrader a few days ago, and I was really excited, until I read that you needed a copy of GTA. So to hell with it, I upgraded to 3.10, and I'm just gonna wait for that downgrader. And here's hoping that one doesn't require another UMD.

You should've just left it at 3.03. At least then you would've had the option of waiting to obtain a copy of GTA or someone to release another downgrader that didn't require it. 3.10 doesn't offer anything useful anyway :)

thank you phemo for the file, you may kill the ftp :)

thank you phemo for the file, you may kill the ftp :)

err correction...

'unexpected end of archive'

:\ tryin to download again if you dont mind

nah i double clicked the file from ws-ftp, which in turn started a new download process, overwriting the full one i just downloaded lol

my bad, should be done in bout 8 mins, thanks again man

it appears to be working! your awesome thank you!!!!

Edited by prick

• 1 month later...