Vista Orb Clock Gadget

I?m trying to install this on my Vista Ultimate - but nothing happened.....

It asks me "Would you install it" -> I answer Yes - and that?s it. Nothing to see from this Gadget....

Any help ?!

Save Gadget to hard drive, then double click on downloaded .gadget file and it will prompt you to install. , click yes too install and it will appear on your sidebar.

I'm using # 3.

Hm, seems no one have my Problems with this Gadget......

I don't know try saving it to the hard drive unzip it and then try again It has worked on both PCs I've tried.

Save Gadget to hard drive, then double click on downloaded .gadget file and it will prompt you to install. , click yes too install and it will appear on your sidebar.

I'm using # 3.

Thanks for ya Tips :D

Its not the First Gadget i try to install - and all the others work.....

This is the only one i tried and nothing happens :no:

I downl?oaded the ZIP File a few Times now - unzipp it and try to install - nothing !

Sad, cause the Clocks look very good - not so boring as the Vista Ones !

Thanks for the thankyous! :happy:

I downl?oaded the ZIP File a few Times now - unzipp it and try to install - nothing !

Sad, cause the Clocks look very good - not so boring as the Vista Ones !

I've repacked the gadget,.. can you install it now?

my problem with this clocks is that the hands are not aligned correctly, they are a few degrees off

They are aligned correctly here (Vista Ultimate RTM),.. anyone else has this problem?

hi there,

i've got the same problem: it doesnt do anything after clicking ok for the security warning. there are a few gadgets that already behaved like that, but i still dont know under which scenarios. got a business system builder / rtm here...

I've got the same problem...doesn't do anything after installing. Which is a bummer, since it really looks great.

From Paketmarke's name i'm asuming he's german too. Well i'm running a german version of vist too, so maybe that's the problem. I took a peek inside the gadget-file and found an en-US folder, but nothing similar for de-DE for example.

Maybe that's the problem.

huh... i am running a german version here too, maybe you're right. i'll test if it works with renaming/copying the locale part

edit: you were right, its been the en-US folder. i copied the folder to create a folder called "de", repacked the gadget and now it works. quicknote: it must be "de" and not "de-DE" as i thought when i started testing it.

now i can use the clock too, many thanks for this nice looking gadget :-)

Edited by akb

i just got home from work and was able to test it too.

it works for me with the de-DE folder too.

But i guess i don't care as long as it works now ;)

so thanks for the cool gadget.

huh... i am running a german version here too, maybe you're right. i'll test if it works with renaming/copying the locale part

edit: you were right, its been the en-US folder. i copied the folder to create a folder called "de", repacked the gadget and now it works. quicknote: it must be "de" and not "de-DE" as i thought when i started testing it.

now i can use the clock too, many thanks for this nice looking gadget :-)

So it seems I?m not an Idiot :woot::

It works fine - now i can enjoy this wonderful Gadget too - thanks !!

Edited by Paketmarke

download the gadget

the .gadget file is just a renamed zip archive - so open/extract it with your zip tool (winrar, 7-zip, winzip...)

there is a folder called en-US. copy it and name it by your locale iso code (en-US, de-DE, de, pl, de-AT, whatever).

zip the files again and rename it from .zip to .gadget. you have to zip alle the files with the subfolders, but not the parent folder itself. your zip file has to look like this:

en-US/myfile1
en-US/and so on
your-LOCALE/myfile1
your-LOCALE/and so on
file
file

NOT

OrbClock/en-US/myfiles
OrbClock/your-LOCALE/myfiles
OrbClock/file
OrbClock/file

after this you can install it

thx akb :rolleyes:

edit:

works very well, easy done. thx again

something div:

can it be, that it doesnt work on all *.gadgets??? have done the same to the outlook gadget from microsoft, but than on the doubleclick it says "this is no gadget, abort"

Edited by DoomOlek

hmmm... don't know. maybe we should take a look at this language integration anyway, because i'm wondering if there is something like a default language that can be used when the locale doesnt take place or something like that. shouldn't such an app use this as a fallback?

hi herby,

could you please give an explanation of what you have done to fix it "globally"? did you simply have to copy the content from the locale folder to the root to make it default or what's been the trick? :-)