Oblivion on the 360 is getting a upgrade!

I can't quote anything, but watch the 1UP show link I posted in the general section of Console Gamer and you'll get confirmation. Basically on working with the PS3 for that version of Oblivion (which they are having some big trouble with) they had to redo the shader implementation. In doing so, they managed to find a fix to one of the downsides to Oblivion's visuals. You know how in the distance textures looked very bland and ugly? Well a patch is going to be on it's way that will fix it (I'm assuming it will come alongside Shivering Isle).

I'm pretty psyched about this, that + Shivering Isle is definitely getting me back into Oblivion.

I also heard when the Playstation 3 version comes out they will release a content package on Xbox Live Marketplace for the 360 version for some MS Points. This content is already included in the PS3 version though.

I can't quote anything, but watch the 1UP show link I posted in the general section of Console Gamer and you'll get confirmation. Basically on working with the PS3 for that version of Oblivion (which they are having some big trouble with) they had to redo the shader implementation. In doing so, they managed to find a fix to one of the downsides to Oblivion's visuals. You know how in the distance textures looked very bland and ugly? Well a patch is going to be on it's way that will fix it (I'm assuming it will come alongside Shivering Isle).

I'm pretty psyched about this, that + Shivering Isle is definitely getting me back into Oblivion.

I was going to post about this, i hope the PC version gets the fix as well.

I don't know about that; there are some glitches in the 360 game that have been resolved on the PC and its been about a year since its been out now. :wacko:

Well, they're slow but they deliver at the end. I had to wait like 6 months for a Spanish patch for the PC version. :( So I have my hopes up. :p

I was going to post about this, i hope the PC version gets the fix as well.

This problems been more or less solved since the 1st week by the modding community via a number of packs. the implementations surely different but cosmetically it removes the crap textures at next to no performance loss if any at all. I really never got why they didnt do this to begin with. Lets just hope this also speeds up outdoor gameplay. IMHO Oblivions very susceptable to poor framerates outside which takes away from the immersion. I'd rather they cut back on the foilage if it adds 2 or 3 more fps (it does on the PC anyway and it still looks fine).