FFDShow Media Control Plug-In for Windows Vista MCE Released

If you've been interested in getting various non-Microsoft third party media codecs (along with video subtitles) working in Vista Media Center, you now have a configurable MCE plug-in which leverages the open-source FFDShow (Microsoft DirectShow compatible) decoder. FFDShow supports MPEG-4 video formats like DivX, Xvid, H.264 and allows users to playback MP3, AAC, Dolby AC3, and OGG Vorbis audio files. Additionally, Media Control for Windows Vista MCE has the capability to set video bookmarks, switch the subtitle language during playback, and provide 3-speed fast forward and rewind.

Requirements:

Windows Vista with Media Center

FFDShow ? version 881or greater

Haali media splitter (not mandatory, but required to switch between MKV/OGM streams)

Price:

Free ? PayPal donations are being accepted

Get the Codec and addon here.

Just thought I would pass this:)n :)

I did what the manual says but was unable to do the last part and I think its why its not really working for me

To install : copy ffdshow.ax to ffdshow directory (c:\program files\FFDShow usually) and type :

regsvr32 /u ffdshow.ax [Enter]

regsvr32 ffdshow.ax [Enter]

I went to cmd, I even did it from the run bar, but all i get is a dll error, can anyone help?

Also I have a drive full of movies and tv shows mostly in avi format and when I use vista mce to add a folder, which has sub folders after, it only picked up one folder and 32 files displays and plays great but the others like lost, heores, DH and Criminal minds etc aren't showing up at all. Any suggestions?

I went to cmd, I even did it from the run bar, but all i get is a dll error, can anyone help?

What was the error message you got? If you're not already you'll need to run that command from where you copied the ffdshow.ax file to.

Interesting. Would this allow the Media Center to stream DIVX and XVID to an XBox 360 or am I barking up the wrong tree?

No, while this provides the codec support we still need to application that will start the encoding and stream to the 360... i would think that the creator of Transcode 360 is working on something for Vista

What was the error message you got? If you're not already you'll need to run that command from where you copied the ffdshow.ax file to.

This is the error message I got

post-146780-1171071931.jpg

How can I run this command from where I copied from if its no longer there?

What about my other avi files, my movies and tv shows apart from Battlestar in vista MCE, why only one directory?

How can I run this command from where I copied from if its no longer there?

What about my other avi files, my movies and tv shows apart from Battlestar in vista MCE, why only one directory?

Sorry, I was a bit ambiguous in my wording. You need to run the command from the directory where you copied the ffdshow.ax file to. The error you're receiving is because regsvr32 can't find ffdshow.ax in the current path. You need to make sure that you're running from the \program files\ffdshow\ directory and that ffdshow.ax is actually present there and that it hasn't been extracted into a sub-directory for example.

No idea about your other problem, sorry.