New Video Codec. Fairchild.

Question

8 answers to this question

Snapped before NDA but posted after :p

Maybe the 129% is including CPU+GPU usuage :blink:

looks pretty good, but the scene is getting crowded with formats...not that i think the current ones are perfect

Or maybe there was frames dropped whilst utilising 100% of the CPU and they worked out the CPU requirement of a 1.8GHz AMD64 for that codec.

Or maybe there was frames dropped whilst utilising 100% of the CPU and they worked out the CPU requirement of a 1.8GHz AMD64 for that codec.

That is correct. :)

Investor Information.

Well this may answer a few more of your questions. The benchmarks for Fairchild were based on converting a raw feed, into a live stream, with the snowstorm, and frostbite overhead included in the data rate. The codec is still alpha as there a few issues to iron out, but macroblocking eliminated, and the comparisons are for equal picture quality, by roughly the same standards as university of moscow uses. I am under nda, so anything more such as how exactly we achieve this in detail , unfortuneately can't be discussed, but i will answer questions, now that I have some leeway in regard to disclosing information.