People who bought a PS3 in London got a free HDTV

At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to ?250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers.

At the head of the queue, 17-year-old Ritatsu Thomas said the giveaway and PS3 had been worth the 36-hour wait.

He said: "I feel fantastic. I'm delighted that everyone here also gets a television."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6474045.stm

Wow thats awesome! See it was worth the wait;)):))

ya its pretty amazing as its like to be the 1080p W series Bravia which has a value of nearly ?1800....(or did when I got the 40ins version before xmas)

Probably didn't give them an HDMI cable to go with it, though! :p

They are next to a dime a dozen now. Plus, if you search the PS forums you'll find the link for the free HDMI cable. ;)

Probably didn't give them an HDMI cable to go with it, though! :p

You know if I get a free 46-inch HDTV I don't care if they don't give me an HDMI cable. :p

"At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home."

just to clarify, it looks to be only those that bought one at the PS3 official launch, not those that happen to buy it in london, at any store.

yay for the people who were there too bad Sony just added ?250,000 more the company's debt... :pinch::

anyways, why aren't people from the NA and JP launch bitching about getting one of those TVs? I can bet my nuts if this were MS this board will be filled with hate and death threads... :laugh:: :rofl:: :pp

yay for the people who were there too bad Sony just added ?250,000 more the company's debt... :pinch::

anyways, why aren't people from the NA and JP launch bitching about getting one of those TVs? I can bet my nuts if this were MS this board will be filled with hate and death threads... :laugh:: :rofl:: :pp

You know the consumer cares **** about the company's debt;))

You know the consumer cares **** about the company's debt ;)

I know that but from a marketing perspective they just made one BIG mistake, I'd much rather give 1 game, 2 BD movies and an additional controller to everybody across the UK who pre-ordered the PS3 as an insentive than just give a TV to those few that went to the "official" launch, that way they will have make 1000s of costumers happy and improve the company's public image for about ?100.000-150.000 less...:happy:::yes::

You know if I get a free 46-inch HDTV I don't care if they don't give me an HDMI cable. :p

Same here lol

Congrats to those 100 people :)

that's pretty cool for those who got one. it's funny how people still criticize sony when it actually did something good for some loyal fans. may not have been the best decision financially and it affected only a few select people, but at least give them credit for trying.

Ahh, so they had to give away TV's to sell 100 PS3's. Awesome.

huh? these guys didnt know they where getting a free TV! trust me if it was advertised with a free tv a 46" the place would be going mad! Sony was just giving this to the loyal people, who didnt have a clue they would be given a free TV!

damn... i went to HMV oxford street :( all i got was a free copy of virtua tennis :( oh well... *hates sony more now*

we did see some hot models playing virtua fighter 5 though at HMV ^_^ and doing all these painful looking martial arts positions o.O

anyways, why aren't people from the NA and JP launch bitching about getting one of those TVs?I can bet my nuts> if this were MS this board will be filled with hate and death threads... :laugh:: :rofl:: :pp

Dude, no you can't. It's a Man-law. Never bet your nuts.

Congrats to the people that got the free tv :).

Psss if anyone doesn't want theirs you can send it to me haha j/k :p.

I was about to PM you for your address, but then i read the "j/k"...

title missleading btw

Glassed Silver:mac

lucky ... people :p

i would been their for sure if it had of been publicly known... prob sold the ps3 on... its hard to understand tho, they give you a gift for free that is worth more then what your buying... that is some logic! why not give a ps3 away for free when you buy a tv?