dll error

I'm trying to install hp deskjet 3900 drivers however the installation fails due to 2 registry keys which do not exist. sccbase.dll and slbcsp.dll seem to be missing so I've downloaded both dlls, put them in system32 and tried to register them but I get "module could not be found" errors for both.

I've also downloaded the latest xp service pack to see if it would fix the problem but it hasn't :(

The registry keys that are missing are

slbcsp - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Schlu?mberger

sccbase - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP

Any help would be great, I don't have time to do a fresh xp install!

Edited by equin0x

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to install hp deskjet 3900 drivers however the installation fails due to 2 registry keys which do not exist. sccbase.dll and slbcsp.dll seem to be missing so I've downloaded both dlls, put them in system32 and tried to register them but I get "module could not be found" errors for both.

I've also downloaded the latest xp service pack to see if it would fix the problem but it hasn't :(

The registry keys that are missing are

slbcsp - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Schlu?mberger

sccbase - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP

Any help would be great, I don't have time to do a fresh xp install!

Hey Mate,

I had the same problem, the way i fixed it was by. Downloading the dlls and putting them the in the system32 folder, then i wrote a registery file so those dlls would work. Now since you have already downloaded the dlls and placed them in the system folder all you have to do is, open a new notepad file and insert this text in and save it as key1.reg, not as a text file!

After that run the key then restart and install!

Hope all goes well, please let me know if you need further help.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP]

"Image Path"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\sccbase.dll"

"Type"=dword:00000001

"SigInFile"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Schlumberger Cryptographic Service Provider]

"Image Path"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\slbcsp.dll"

"Type"=dword:00000001

"SigInFile"=dword:00000000