My Tom Tom saved my life...sorta!

Ever think a gadget could nearly save your life. I never really thought that my Tom Tom navigator would either. On Friday I was driving to an interview that was about 40 minutes away. I was driving along and I had some stomach discomfort that quickly turned for the worse. After about 10 more minutes of driving my left kidney became overwhelmed with pain. Im not talking about simple pain, I am talking about pain that nearly made me pass out. My hands and feet were completely numb and I was shaking and broke out in a cold sweat. I had to make a choice, call 911 or try to find a hospital. I decided to use my Tom Tom to find the closest hospital. A few taps on the screen told me there was one 1.3 miles away. I was pulled over on a road and new there was no way I could navigate (nor wait for an ambulance to arrive). I literally took a pencil, bit down on it, and made the drive to the hospital. I first must apologize to those who I was driving on the road with, I cant say I was the most respectful person on the road that afternoon. Tom Tom navigated me flawlessly to the ER where I parked my car in a no park zone (sorry) and hobbled?ok, damn near crawled my way into the ER. I am now recovering from what was a serious kidney stone that absolutely has put me bedside and on some good ol pain meds. Sorry if this doesn?t make to much sense but I thought I would share my story with you all!

ouch >.< kidney stones is one of those things i fear :p

Sat navs are really cool gadgets! i know i will certainly get one when i cant drive

Ever think a gadget could nearly save your life. I never really thought that my Tom Tom navigator would either. On Friday I was driving to an interview that was about 40 minutes away. I was driving along and I had some stomach discomfort that quickly turned for the worse. After about 10 more minutes of driving my left kidney became overwhelmed with pain. Im not talking about simple pain, I am talking about pain that nearly made me pass out. My hands and feet were completely numb and I was shaking and broke out in a cold sweat. I had to make a choice, call 911 or try to find a hospital. I decided to use my Tom Tom to find the closest hospital. A few taps on the screen told me there was one 1.3 miles away. I was pulled over on a road and new there was no way I could navigate (nor wait for an ambulance to arrive). I literally took a pencil, bit down on it, and made the drive to the hospital. I first must apologize to those who I was driving on the road with, I cant say I was the most respectful person on the road that afternoon. Tom Tom navigated me flawlessly to the ER where I parked my car in a no park zone (sorry) and hobbled?ok, damn near crawled my way into the ER. I am now recovering from what was a serious kidney stone that absolutely has put me bedside and on some good ol pain meds. Sorry if this doesn?t make to much sense but I thought I would share my story with you all!

i feel your pain. i had a kidney stone creep up on me last sunday. luckily my wife was driving and she took me straight to the hostpital. Oddly enough, we used our TomTom ONE to navigate to the hostpital. We've only lived in Reno a few months and hadn't needed to go there befor:) :) I was laid up on percoset for 4 days before it passed. good luck, and hopefully you pass it soon.

I'll do some extra Folding for you so you feel better.

Get well soon!

Oh, God, yes.

Really? I've been drinking a few sodas a day for years now (diet, if that makes any difference), and have never gotten a kidney stone. *shrugs*

Don't worry too much about it, never heard of Soda's causing them.

if they did, I know several peopel including myself that should have had them way before peopl that do ;)

Congrats on you being okay, but you really should have called 911. Help only is about 2 minutes away and it would have been much less dangerous than driving to the hospital without being able to really concentrate or see.

Thanks for all the wishes! I did finally pass the stone about midnight last night..lemme tell you, passing a stone was NOT SOMETHING I RECCOMEND...sweet mother did that hurt. I am out of the hospital laying on my back recovering from the aftermath and am pretty weak/naseua feeling.

hope you are doing better :)

btw do you drink soda a lot?

i dont! spically about the last two months i had onl been drinking water and milk with meals!