Microsoft Sells 310,000 Xbox 360s During Black Friday Week

Microsoft Sells 310,000 Xbox 360s During Black Friday Week

Coming on the heels of Nintendo of America's announcement of its best North American sales week ever -- with 350,000 Wiis and 653,000 Nintendo DSes sold -- a CNBC report states that Microsoft has announced it sold 310,000 Xbox 360 systems during the same period, allegedly outselling the PlayStation 3 2:1.

Microsoft also maintains that it has the highest software sales of all three consoles and expects that trend to continue through to the end of the year, with software sales for 360 as much as PS3 and Wii's combined.

Despite Microsoft's insistence that the 360 outsold the PlayStation 3 2:1 during the shopping week, SCEA spokesperson Kimberly Otzman told SeattlePI.com that "Microsoft's estimates of our PS3 unit sales numbers are way off and they did not outsell PS3 2:1 during Black Friday week." She did not counter with figures, however, saying that Sony prefers to wait for the NPD Group's official counts, which will be released on December 13.

Sony did, however, release some statistics about the performance of all of its platforms during Black Friday earlier this week, noting a marked increase in sales of the PS3 as well as the PS2 and PSP.

Source: Gamasutra

Gotta love Sony... "Definitely not 2:1. We don't actually know what it is, but we are sure it's not 2:1."

I just assume that means it could be 3:1 :p

LOL... well, I went to Wal-Mart about 2AM on Monday and the store was literally deserted... I was surprised to notice that the Xbox 360 display was near empty while the PS3 case was almost completely filled, it looked like maybe 1x 80GB unit had been sold over the weekend.

LOL... well, I went to Wal-Mart about 2AM on Monday and the store was literally deserted... I was surprised to notice that the Xbox 360 display was near empty while the PS3 case was almost completely filled, it looked like maybe 1x 80GB unit had been sold over the weekend.

Yawn, Sony cant win, if there are none on the shelves then Sony are bad, if there are some still on the shelf then Sony are bad.

Maybe there was a more plentiful supply than the 360?

Id rather read proper sales figures than some random person who walked into 1 store.

1 store doesnt not equal the whole of america.

Well let's say Sony's sales were up 300% for that week, like the article state. In the last 10 months of the year, they've been selling about 120k units a month (search for the NPD threads), or about 30k units a week. That's roughly 100k units when increased 3-fold. Which would mean that MS did outsell them 3:1.

Just some very rough and more than likely inaccurate numbers, but chances are, they were outsold about 2:1 for the week.

And Sheppard - nobody thinks it's bad anymore if there aren't PS3's on the shelves. That line of thought died about a half a year ago (maybe longer).

-Spenser