NEXTLevel

Wow.. finally a decent looking visual style for vista :o .. Have to try it out.

Thanks!

Edit: everything is fine, but only that the links are black, folders, white is a bit strange looking, otherwise a good dark looking theme.

post-9839-1196887246_thumb.jpg

Edited by turkforce

Cant get it to work, tried the vistaglazz thing and then clicked the msstyles file, but nothing :(

Too Dark, I Just about gave up on vista because the back skin is just so darn depressing looking. Now I have a royal theme and the blue makes it much better

This is the first vista style I've seen that is not just an aero mod, just patched vista and am using it now, it's great. Just wish the test was lighter in some places and mabye some changes to the taskbar.

For some reason my computer actually feels more "responsive" using this theme as opposed to the regular aero theme. This theme is actually unique and polished which is great.

Edited by ViperAFK

Looks nice.

I used VistaGlazz to patch my files but it just changed to classic.

I tried double clicking the .msstyles file but the Appearance Settings dialog poped and saying Color scheme: Win Standard

What can I do?

• 3 weeks later...

VistaGlazz should work with all valid msstyles. Unfortunatly you can't just doubleclick the msstyle file.

Here's how:

1. Copy the style files to their own directory underneath C:\windows\resources (just like the Aero folder)

2. Patch your system files with VistaGlazz (first option)

3. Reboot your PC

4. Go to the classic appearance window (control panel)

5. Windows hardcoded the Aero name, all cistom styles are also named Windows Aero, pick and apply, your visual style should be one of them

Tip: on the AeroXP forum there is a small DLL called DeskHack, it will reveal the true style names based on folder name in the classic appearance window. Usefull if you have a lot of styles.

Ok hand is tired now... Shouldnt use my phone to type neowin posts :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't work with me. I double click the .msstyle file after extracting it to the appropriate folder and I just get a window popup, which I ok to and I get the default Aero style.

I've patched my system manually and I can use the "small/medium taskbar" mod.