Welcome to Game Ratings

Welcome to the new Game Ratings forum!

If you've played a game recently and want to share a review with everyone here at Neowin, then this is the place to do it. Please take note of the forum rules posted above, and make sure that every thread has a tag!

For the sake of unity, this forum is not platform specific. In fact, we encourage Multi Platform reviews here. For example The Simpsons Game was released on several platforms. Instead of having several threads, one for each platform, please create just the one thread and use the [MP] tag to indicate that it's a multiplatform review. You can include the platform you're reviewing on as well if you want to, for example [MP][X360]The Simpsons Game.

Any questions - please contact a moderator, or post here!

Enjoy!

kinetix63

Neowin Supervisor

Does The Orange Box count as 5 games or one?

I think we should count it as one to reduce clutter.

edit: just thought, it would only cause more clutter in the thread itself.

So we should do 5 diff threads on each game in orange box?

I think we should count it as one to reduce clutter.

edit: just thought, it would only cause more clutter in the thread itself.

So we should do 5 diff threads on each game in orange box?

Each title is its own game so yeah I would count them different.

So it's possible to disable ratings on a per-forum basis? If that's the case, I wouldn't mind having it disabled in gamer's hangout.

Yes, per forum and per member group.

Woo, I am so excited for this new sub forum. I always thought that posting mini reviews in the console's subsection got pushed off the front page too quickly, so this will really help that.

I must say, this is a good idea, but I don't like the "MP" idea. It should just say "All" since MP can also stand for multi-player. it was a little confusing when I first noticed this forum.

maybe a [All][360]Game Title format would be more acceptable? or should we drop the [360] part of it, and just say what platform it is for, and discuss what platform you are reviewing it under inside the topic? or vice versa

another idea, we could put just the platform(s) the game is available on, and in the sub title, put what system were reviewing it for:

[All]Game Title

Xbox360 Review

Just a thought, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a poll at the top of every review, 1-10, to see how everybody else rates it.

Then people would be able to see what the reviewer rated it, and the general rating from the rest of the forum.

I usually put game reviews on my own personal blog. Is it ok to put a chunk of the review here and put a link to read the rest of the review on my blog? (coz I usually take screenshots of the game and copy-pasting a bunch of text is not the way to go)

Yeah I thought the MP stands for MultiPlayer when I first saw it lol. So if I want to put a Call of Duty PC review but someone else has put an XBOX one, I need to post the review inside the post?

I usually put game reviews on my own personal blog. Is it ok to put a chunk of the review here and put a link to read the rest of the review on my blog? (coz I usually take screenshots of the game and copy-pasting a bunch of text is not the way to go)

Not really, no. If you copy/pasted the ENTIRE text review, and then linked to the blog entry at the bottom for screenshots - I don't think I'd have a problem with that. But only if you paste the WHOLE review, not just a chunk of it.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a poll at the top of every review, 1-10, to see how everybody else rates it.

Then people would be able to see what the reviewer rated it, and the general rating from the rest of the forum.

That's what topic ratings are for =)