MS changes there mind about Bootcamp

As of Feb 1 MS has started supporting Windows OS's loaded on Leopard's Bootcamp. MS will not support installing Windows; the OS must be already installed. They will also not be supporting updating the EFI, dual boots of Windows, and the configuration of Bootcamp. Any driver support is by the Bootcamp driver disk created by the Bootcamp configuration disk. The support will be based on the normal support policies for the Windows OS?s. (OEM installs are paid support only, and retail will have two warranty calls as normal. Once again though MS is not supporting setting installing) Windows XP Home and Pro SP 2 are supported along with Vista Basic, Home Premium, Business, and of course Ultimate. The Enterprise build is not supported on Bootcamp, no real reason for this that I can find. This is a change from their previous stance of zero support for Windows on OSX since the MacIntel rollout at which time they ceased production of Virtual PC that would run on Apples. Will they support installs using Parallels in the future? While the support is not at par with a full PC install of Windows this is a pleasant change for those requiring Windows access on their Macs.

A friend who works as a MS support tech, apperently they get updates about changes etc using internal emails etc.
Yeah, we call that a good source...

BS??

The news about it or you think its not true?

no.

i was assuming that noone is actually interested in that i second (quoted for truth) asphyxias statement.

thats all. =)

no bs, no whatever. =)

• 3 weeks later...
how can they not support it? Hows does MS know you use bootcamp?

this is my question. how can microsoft tell what kind of system you're running windows on? I don't think they can, so if you're bootcamping a legit version of windows on a separate partition of a mac hdd you shouldn't have any problem updating windows or what have you. right?

This doesn't really surprise me that they would do that. Why would anyone want Windows on their Mac if we have CrossOver and similar products? I use a Windows PC but I would totally buy a Mac if I had the money.