My 360 Headset is Acting Up

Hey,

Last few days my 360 Headset has been acting weird.

When I plug it in, I get voice through the headset and everybody is able to hear me for about 5 seconds, then the audio goes through the TV and nobody is able to hear me. I've tried messing around with the options, tried pushing on the connector at the bottom of the controller, tried wiggling it and nothing seems to work.

Just odd it actually works fine for the first few seconds ...

Anyone else experienced the same, heard of some fixes or should I just throw it in the bin :/

Mmm...odd one. I get that problem with the wireless headset, but it's down to the wireless headset being ****. Never had that problem with a wired one.

If it was broken you would expect all or nothing, not a little bit of all, then nothing. Hope it's nothing serious and just the headset.

you tried another headset, could there be some intereference coming from something?

Well considering I only have one ... No, I haven't :p

Don't have a penny to spare for an extra I'm afraid.

One thing that did happen to me on a wired headset was constant crackling and cutting out, all I did was clean the jack extension and it solved the problem

I have a spare somewhere upstairs, I'm sure of it - if I find it later, I can send it you?

my pc is dead... have u a spare one of them u can send me? lol

Just got off the phone with my mate who bought my old premium and the headset.

He rarely ever plays online so I figured I'd buy it back for a fiver - He said he would 'think about it'.

So if he doesn't come through, I will take you up on that offer popsi - Really appreciate it mate (Y) ( Will pay for shipping etc. of course )

Is it one of the headsets bundled with the console? They can be really hit and miss and there was a lot of reports they break early into their life. You could always open it up and see if the wiring has become loose. It may have happened when you dropped the controller and had the headset plugged in.

It's actually the Elite headset which came with the Console, been working well for a year now.

Maybe I sat on the headset at some point? :laugh:

I've had a quick search and can't find the new one anywhere. Not to worry though, I still have another one - it's not brand new, but it still works just fine.

Let me know tomorrow either way and I can get this one sent to you (if needed) over the weekend. Fingers crossed I will be able to send it Saturday morning as I will need to take it into the Post Office seeing as you are in Denmark.