OminOS Final

I like it. I'd definitely use it if I was still using Windows XP. The Tango icons are perfect with the theme.

Dude looks really great, too bad i don't have windows anymore, this would definitely make the cut. Great work.

Actually, I am thinking it would be nice to port this to Linux. Not sure if the Thread Starter can (or wants) to do this, or if they could release the images used so a port can be done.

What do you say, emmzaa?

Actually, I am thinking it would be nice to port this to Linux. Not sure if the Thread Starter can (or wants) to do this, or if they could release the images used so a port can be done.

What do you say, emmzaa?

i dont use linux so I couldn't do it myself, but I'd be more than happy to release the images for a port. I have the PSD's too, if needed.

p.s. thanks for all the compliments! I'm still open to criticism too though if you have any.

I find that I can barely read my Outlook email subject clearly with the light gray color text..(on the email inbox summary column) It can be because of my monitor though. Does anyone else have the problem?

What do you say, emmzaa?

That would be pretty awesome, i will gladly help and try to port it. Not an expert when it comes to gtkrc's but i kind of know how to modify already made themes. Count me in...

i dont use linux so I couldn't do it myself, but I'd be more than happy to release the images for a port. I have the PSD's too, if needed.

p.s. thanks for all the compliments! I'm still open to criticism too though if you have any.

I think it looks fantastic! I would be porting it into the Fluxbox environment on Linux (which is very basic - no hover, for example). I'll shoot you my email addy, so you can send the psds (I have GIMP, but it reads PSD files no problem). I intend this for personal use, but I can post the results here, or just email them to you if you wanted the port back for distribution and/or control of your material. (Y)

Thanks again!

I intend this for personal use, but I can post the results here, or just email them to you if you wanted the port back for distribution and/or control of your material. (Y)

Thanks again!

please do.

please do.

Working on it a bit now... Fluxbox on Linux is a very basic Window Manager. There is no start button. It has no theme for scroll bars and such (those are taken from whatever gtk/qt themes you have installed). So don't expect a lot from a flux theme. Also, I am right now needing to modify some of the images for the window buttons because flux expects the buttons to be as many pixels high as they are wide (told you fluxbox was basic!). The theme given to me also requires the buttons to be in specific locations, which fluxbox normally leaves user configurable (plus this theme currently lacks a "shade" and "stick" button, which I might try to make myself, or ask for emmzaa's help with).

I just hope that when the specific requirements for a flux theme are met, that it is close enough to be respectable. If I get any progress on this tonight (kids have the night off from football, so I have a little bit of time) I will post what I have.

Doesn't look so good in the screenshots, but damn, after trying it, I like it :) Good job.

Mr. Jensen, can you make a Gnome theme? :please: :D

I'm not a Gnome/KDE/gtk/qt type of person, and I have no idea how to theme those. :(

But here is the titlebar done up for "LiteBlue" converted to Fluxbox so far.

ss_OmniOS_t_17_Sep_08.png

(click image above to see it in context of emmzaa's original sample image in the first post)

Not too shabby so far (I did just a quick "stick" image on the left side of my window, it is a small circle, and yeah I know the darker shadow around it isn't right - it is the maximize button modified slightly).

Awesome!

(and yeah, I've been using fluxbox on my eeePC 901 since I got it 2 months ago. It's perfect for a small screenspace, low resource usage. So don't feeel like you need to scare me away from it :p)

I'm not a Gnome/KDE/gtk/qt type of person, and I have no idea how to theme those. :(

But here is the titlebar done up for "LiteBlue" converted to Fluxbox so far.

ss_OmniOS_t_17_Sep_08.png

(click image above to see it in context of emmzaa's original sample image in the first post)

Not too shabby so far (I did just a quick "stick" image on the left side of my window, it is a small circle, and yeah I know the darker shadow around it isn't right - it is the maximize button modified slightly).

that looks really nice. :nod: is there something i can do to make the corners look nicer on the titlebar? do they need to be a certain shape or what?

Edited by emmzaa