Mirror's Edge demo coming tomorrow

EA has confirmed that a demo for their first person free-running title Mirror's Edge will be hitting PlayStation Network tomorrow.

The demo will also be available to download on Xbox Live, but not until Friday October 31st.

Source: http://n4g.com/gaming/News-223509.aspx

Really looking forward to trying this!

Wow, this must be the first timer ever a Demo hits PSN before Live :laugh:

Too bad it will take half to day to download it from the slow PSN store then have to wait for it to install after.

Too bad it will take half to day to download it from the slow PSN store then have to wait for it to install after.

Too true, took me over 20 minutes just to download the 2.50 Firmware last night.

Too true, took me over 20 minutes just to download the 2.50 Firmware last night.

So very true :( As it's only a day wait, i'm actually going to wait for it to hit live. I'm sure i'll prefer playing it with proper triggers anyway.

I am curious to try this one out too, wonder if it will become too repetitive quickly. However it is only a short demo so I guess not :D

That's what I want to know. I can't see an entire game of this being that thrilling, so I'll be getting the demo of this to see :)

Demos out on PSN, get downloading guys!

I want some impressions :)

I can't download till 10pm :(

Demos out on PSN, get downloading guys!

I want some impressions :)

I can't download till 10pm :(

Alright, alright! Since you twisted my arm so much :p Downloading now, but it's going soooooo slowly as usual. I *might* get chance to play it today, but i've got a lot of Prison Break to catch up on :D

Go live with DirtyLarry then, he downloads off PSN at light speed :laugh:

I think he downloaded R&C Booty Bay in like 15 mins (it's 2 gig odds).

Awaiting impressions, I only have 3mb, so even if I start at 10 I won't get it that quickly :(

ps. Do you have the ports open on your router for PSN?

Go live with DirtyLarry then, he downloads off PSN at light speed :laugh:

I think he downloaded R&C Booty Bay in like 15 mins (it's 2 gig odds).

Awaiting impressions, I only have 3mb, so even if I start at 10 I won't get it that quickly :(

Seriously, I love how people blame their crap connections or their crap ISP's for bad PSN speeds. I truly do.

So sorry, but I download things on the PSN just as fast if not faster than Live, as AB pointed out, I got Ratchet N Clank Quest For Booty in less than 15 minutes, and it was over 2 GIGS.

But thats right, I have the magic PS3, the only one in the world, that downloads fast. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I love how people blame their crap connections or their crap ISP's for bad PSN speeds. I truly do.

So sorry, but I download things on the PSN just as fast if not faster than Live, as AB pointed out, I got Ratchet N Clank Quest For Booty in less than 15 minutes, and it was over 2 GIGS.

But thats right, I have the magic PS3, the only one in the world, that downloads fast. :rolleyes:

Yeah, funny how on my connection I can download at ~800kbps ANYWHERE else. A gig on Live takes minutes but even a system update from PSN drags out for ages. But yeah, it's OBVIOUSLY my crap connection :rolleyes:

It could be port settings.

PlayStation?Network>

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223

* UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pl...amp;p_topview=1

That link has all the ports you may need to open for PS3/PSP related things.

I personally just assigned my PS3 a static IP, then setup that IP as a DMZ server (means every port is essentially open for use).

DMZ server isn't that safe for PC use, but for console use it will be fine. No one tries to hack your PS3:laugh::

What is this magic PS3 you speak of... and where does one acquire such an item

I think it comes down to pure luck of the servers... I have had great DL speeds at times and extremely slow DL speeds... I am on an 8mb connection.... I doubt Sony and MS have that big of a difference in bandwidth speeds... just comes down to how many other people are DLing when you are..

ugh, cant wait to play this demo, but i have to wait until they update the American servers :(

Just make a European PSN.

All the cool kids have a USA/European and Japanese PSN account for downloading :laugh:

Problem is, we're blaming Sony's servers ...

Problem is, this is a thread about a demo, and instead of talk about the demo, there are people complaining about PSN's speeds.

That is an issue.

Yeah, funny how on my connection I can download at ~800kbps ANYWHERE else. A gig on Live takes minutes but even a system update from PSN drags out for ages. But yeah, it's OBVIOUSLY my crap connection :rolleyes:

No offense as I happen to be lucky and it was in my area and that is how I have FIOS, but yeah, that is not the best of connections.

On average I get 25 MBPs, which is at least 25 times faster than your 800kbps.

347484183.png

Above is the slowest test I have seen to date, on my iMac, which is wireless. My PS3 and 360 are both wired.

And the reason I made the crap connections comment, is I am seriously tired of every time something is mentioned about a PSN related item, there are always the same comments about peoples speeds. It is without a doubt trolling, as you are adding nothing to the conversation at hand and you are not saying anything that has not already been said 1000 times in other threads, so give it a rest, seriously.

And that is directed at several people, not just you.

It could be port settings.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pl...amp;p_topview=1

I have to ask, did anyone who has bad speeds try this????

I had to do this on my router for both Live (different settings) and for the PSN. Until I set this up, my speeds were not great on either.

That link has all the ports you may need to open for PS3/PSP related things.

Also, I do not see the demo on the American or Japanese store. I do not have a European account. :blush:

It is without a doubt trolling, as you are adding nothing to the conversation at hand and you are not saying anything that has not already been said 1000 times in other threads, so give it a rest, seriously.

What? My comment was entirely within context. But yeah, if we all shut up and stop mentioning a problem that rears its head at times like this, it will go away. Damn why didn't I realize....

Just had a quick playthrough, the game is really fun. Controlls are very intuitive, graphics are good but there is HUGE problem with jaggies, I think that's more down to the PS3s inability to handle AA more than the game itself, i'll be interested in seeing the 360 version.

On the plus side, they have the 'whole body' thing down to a tee. It really feels like you're an actual person in the game rather than a bodyless set of floating arms like in Valve games. Looking forward to getting this on release.