why is there a 2sec delay when opening tabs and IE8 itself?

been going through addons, disabling what i saw fit, still get a 2sec delay on everything from opening IE to opening multiple tabs (i see connecting... for two seconds and then things are fine) even disabled that 'tab page' so that it would open blank... gah

kind of annoying, never saw this under my previous IE7 install :p

vista sp1 32bit

update:

i found the solution after someone mentioned it in another thread, and it works (for myself anyway)

To remove all sites added by Spybot's Immunize:

1. open regedit

2. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

3. delete the following sub-folders: Domains, EscDomains, Ranges

4. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P

5. delete the sub-folder History

also, do the same for hk local machine, now IE8 opens instantly and yes, i have spybot installed, but even if you don't now (or use a program that does the same things) but had previously settings could still be in place, love that feeling when your PC is working the way you expect again tongue.gif

im fairly sure the problem has to do with that list loading during startup of the app, kind of like how adblock plus (with huge block lists) delays firefox load time, or not loading these lists the same way IE7 had

*also some addons may cause delay, so be sure to disable all non-MS addons too, sift through and disable them, determine which one also might cause a delay

Edited by artfuldodga

Because IE8 blows the goats. :p

I dunno.... it seems with every version, IE gets more complicated, and thus runs much less smoothly..... The last version I really thought ran WELL was IE6.

well, IE7 for me was fine as an alt browser, but... never had the delay and if i did, a add-on was usually the cause, i noticed others had this issue so i'm just wondering what is UP, hopefully MS pushes an update to fix this

other than this little quirk, IE8 is pretty fast browsing etc

Thats the same with me, but I get around a 5-10 second delay when I start IE8 up, but then after that everything works fast.

Experiencing the exact same things.

lol, great, well if you can ... seeing as your staff, maybe you have some connections and get this known asap :/ although i don't know how MS missed something like this :p

Because IE8 blows the goats. :p

I dunno.... it seems with every version, IE gets more complicated, and thus runs much less smoothly..... The last version I really thought ran WELL was IE6.

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

I completely removed it off of Win 7 Build 7057.

IE8 opened in .1 seconds for me.

Tabs took about .6

This version is better than 7, 5 was the best 11 years ago

Thats the same with me, but I get around a 5-10 second delay when I start IE8 up, but then after that everything works fast.

ya, me too.

it just opens & stays unaccessible for ~10secs.

using windows 7 build 7022.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> uncheck "automatically detect settings".

Does that help?

already unchecked

hmm, i have zero third party addons for IE, and no i don't use IE7Pro, besides maybe Google Search? if that can be considered an addon, either way... everything that isn't from MS is disabled, which would be only Quicktime from a Quicktime for VCP install

either way, running IE8 via the 'Internet Explorer (No-Addons)' option under accessories/system tools, same result, 2 sec delay

AVG8, i've had it installed awhile, zero delays with any other program or browser (even when IE7 was installed), but also my resident shield is disabled...

oh well, though IE looks good, the 2 second delay starting and opening tabs makes it unuseable

Try setting the "New tab options" to open a blank page instead of the "New tab page" under Tools>Internet Options>Tabs>Settings>"When a new tab is opened..."

first thing i did :)