Having problems with iPhone after upgrade

Late last night, I downloaded iPhone 3.0 and started the upgrade process, but just before that, I charged my iPhone for 3 hours (it was half way full any ways) to make sure the battery didn't die on me during the upgrade.

The upgrade when smoothly and I started playing with the phone and restored my last back up before I did the upgrade. The phone was still fully charged and I called it a night since I was feeling tired. Woke up roughly 9 hours later to find that my phone was saying there was only 20% battery life left, which I found weird because I remember I turned off 3G, Wireless and Bluetooth. So I shrugged it off and went to the App store and started downloading my apps again (BeeJive, FAcebook, TVGuide and Skype). I started up Beejive to see who was online (was too lazy to get out of bed :p), and my phone switched off. So I thought it was a software glitch or something. Went to switch the phone back on and was greeted with the empty battery screen.

I went over and plugged my phone in and started my computer up etc (I plugged it into the mains and not the actual computer to charge it faster). Left the phone for an hour and someone texted me, and I picked the phone up and it felt really warm, and I mean, more warm than it normally is when it's being charged.

Now, I put the phone back on charge because it was fully charged and I've left it for 2 hours, but there is one thing I've noticed. I was watching the film 'Taken' and all the way through the film (even as we speak now), I'm getting that mobile interference which you hear when mobile phones are doing something (SMS, phone calls, web access etc), and it will not stop. 3G, Wireless etc are all turned off. I have no applications running and the only push service I have enabled is my Gmail and my Google Contacts. I'm getting no swirly thing at the top to indicate that the phone is downloading anything. I've turned my Wireless on to remove the need for my phone to use Edge (so I can stop the interference) and that hasn't helped, it's still going.

So now I've been shown that my battery is fully charged by the indicator and decided to unplug the phone (still very warm at the back) and the battery was only 3/4 full. And I've had it off charge for 20 minutes now and the battery is passed half way empty.

I just don't get it, the battery was perfectly fine before, but after the upgrade, it will not stop doing whatever it's doing and it's draining my battery, even when it's being charged.

Don't know what to do. :(

isn't 3.0 only for developers now? the gm seed.

3.0 is only out june 17 no?

That's true, but my phone is linked to a dev account.

Isn't there a forum for the 3.0 developers to ask for support? you should maybe try there seeing as your linked to a developer

Don't restore your data.

I've always found restoring data from pre-3.0 to my new 3.0 device messes it up a little.

Don't restore your data.

I've always found restoring data from pre-3.0 to my new 3.0 device messes it up a little.

So you sync as a new device?

Do you know where iTunes puts the iPhone Backup Archives? I want to back them up and reset my phone and sync as new since I'm seeing random glitches as well, but I don't want to lose that backup just in case...

Backup your iPhone in iTunes (right-click on your iPhone in the source panel then select Backup), then do a full Sync. Ctrl-click or Option-click on Restore and then select the 3.0 firmware you've downloaded. Let it do its job and return your iPhone to the factory default for 3.0.

When done, iTunes then asks if you want to restore from the backup you've saved. Say yes and after its done you'll have all your data back as normal.

When I updated from 2.2.1 to 3.0 I had "issues" but after doing a full restore everything is working fine.

Backup your iPhone in iTunes (right-click on your iPhone in the source panel then select Backup), then do a full Sync. Ctrl-click or Option-click on Restore and then select the 3.0 firmware you've downloaded. Let it do its job and return your iPhone to the factory default for 3.0.

When done, iTunes then asks if you want to restore from the backup you've saved. Say yes and after its done you'll have all your data back as normal.

When I updated from 2.2.1 to 3.0 I had "issues" but after doing a full restore everything is working fine.

Going to try it again tonight, it's constantly doing something. My battery drained again within 6 hours last night.