'Anchorman 2' with Will Ferrell, director Adam McKay

It's been a long time coming, but Paramount Pictures has finally given the green light to a sequel to 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Will Ferrell, who made the announcement himself in-character on "Conan", will return to the title role with supporting cast members Steve Carell and Paul Rudd said to be involved as well.

Ferrell, whose latest, Casa de mi Padre is in theaters now, will again script alongside Adam McKay, who will be back in the director's chair.

The original film also starred Christina Applegate, David Koechner, Fred Willard, Fred Armisen, Chris Parnell and many more. Though none of those members of the supporting cast have yet been confirmed, check back for updates as they become available.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88546

Everybody break out the Sex Panther, because Ron Burgundy is back.

That's right: Will Ferrell has signed on to reprise his role as the oafish, teleprompter-bungling, chauvinistic San Diego newscaster in "Anchorman 2", the long-awaited sequel to producer Judd Apatow's2004 comedy hit. Also reportedly back for another go-round are Apatow, original director Adam McKay and co-stars Paul Rudd and Steve Carell (a scene-stealer in the first film as mentally-challenged weatherman Brick Tamland).

The news was broken by Deadline.

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" took in over $90 million at the box office and served as uber-producer Judd Apatow's commercial breakthrough. The film also starred Christina Applegate, David Koechner and Fred Willard.

News of the sequel was apparently first announced by Ron Burgundy himself, making a surprise appearance on Conan O'Brien's TBS talk show to be aired later this evening. Check out the full clip of Burgundy's appearance below to catch all the flute-playin' action. (My favorite quote: "Conan...you look like someone put a bright-red fright wig on a skeleton and chucked it out of a helicopter.")

Source

Best news i've heard in a while.

I know a lot of people will hate it because it'll be the "cool" thing to do. Get all the cast back and it'll be a hit. They'd have to do something really stupid to mess it up. Hopefully they'll go for a more obscure plot like they did with "Wake up, Ron Burgundy". I actually preferred that to the original film.

Best news i've heard in a while.

I know a lot of people will hate it because it'll be the "cool" thing to do. Get all the cast back and it'll be a hit. They'd have to do something really stupid to mess it up. Hopefully they'll go for a more obscure plot like they did with "Wake up, Ron Burgundy". I actually preferred that to the original film.

it's the only will ferrell movie I actually find funny

I didn't really care for the first one when I saw it for the first time. After watching it a few more times, it grew on me and now it's one of my favorites. Can't wait for the second!

What's really crazy about this is I was just in the bathroom reading an old copy of my Maxim magazines and the article in the back was with Adam McKay after they just got denied by Paramount for this sequel. Creepy....

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed the first one so looking forward to this, and yes I find it hard to enjoy Will Ferrell movies. Can't believe I sat through all of Land of the Lost (which sucked really bad) lol

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...