Iron Man 3 (Official Thread)

God, May feels so far away... lol I really can't wait for this movie... Then we have to wait for the other movies... lol After Avengers it's really tough.

God, May feels so far away... lol I really can't wait for this movie... Then we have to wait for the other movies... lol After Avengers it's really tough.

It's not long till Cap well long enough but I hated Cap so don't have high hopes for another :rofl:

My math may be a little shaky, just did it super quick, but 59 days until it hits in the US! I have to say so far I believe that Iron Man is the best overall series Marvel has made. Really looking forward to this one.

I was like... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. That's pretty much it. lol. Can't wait for this.

While it was initially reported that Iron Man 3 would be released on April 27th in the UK, and later on the 26th, Disney has now confirmed that UK comic book fans will be able to see the film on Thursday, April 25th. Booking is already open on many UK cinema websites to see the film in IMAX 3D, with many seats having already sold just hours after going on sale. The film is still set to be released in North America on May 4th.

Why the UK first and not the US? Also why not try to release on the same day if possible?

Marvel Turned To J.J. Abrams For Help With IRON MAN 3's Third Act

"Then I think we reached out to J.J. Abrams at one point when we were really confused in Act III, and he helped us, too. It?s just interesting. Usually you think, in the legacy of filmmakers that come and go, there?s something so evocative about how strange it is that this particular strain of the Marvel universe was so successful, so what are the reasons for that and how do we keep that vital and just have fun?"

pp8gn4af.png

pj09temc.jpg

pp5qppd1.png

pjz8pbs2.jpg

pjz2npf5.jpg

pjp80xva.jpg

pjoqabh0.jpg

Can I just take a second to annoy any Americans etc as the UK is getting it a week earlier than you lot mwhaha

reported, you hurt my feelings :p

seriously though, why are they releasing it a week apart. why not just release it everywhere same day?

Can I just take a second to annoy any Americans etc as the UK is getting it a week earlier than you lot mwhaha

I would jump for joy just yet. Iron Man 3 and the new Thor are the only major films that Brits will get a week early. The rest will be same day release. The Lone Ranger will be a week later in UK and Turbo a whole 3 months later. Also, earlier this year, This is 40 was out in the States way earlier than UK. It's swings and roundabouts.

seriously though, why are they releasing it a week apart. why not just release it everywhere same day?

My speculation is because in UK, from April 25th until May 17th, there are no major movies coming out. This will give IM3 a pretty clear run with little competition, cinemas will have more screenings and thus make more money. Also, if it does really well, it will provide some great publicity for the States release and $ vs ? is still not too bad to rake in extra cash.

I am so looking forward to this movie! I have never read the Ironman comics so please forgive me but I have to ask this question. If Tony is so brilliant and able to build these awesome suits why can't he beat his enemy 1 on 1?

IM1 - Needed Pepper to blow the building.

IM2 - Last whiplash fight needed Warmachine to do that double repulsion thing.

IM3 - Filled with people in suits.

What makes Ironman so special if he can't beat anyone 1 on 1?