Gay Superhero to be Outed

Except batman has been the most hetero of them all in the movies at least. He's Gotham's Tony Stark

In what way has Batman shown the most attraction toward the opposite sex out of all of them? That must be what you mean by "the most hetero" because "manliness" of course has nothing to do with heterosexuality :)

I don't think Superman or Batman would work, just about any of the other members of the Justice League would though....

How about Shazam!

What do you mean when you say you don't think it would work?

This is bullsh*t, I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Why don't you want to live on this planet anymore? Is it because some characters in stories are gay and bisexual?

Well the few gay people I knew in years past liked to wear pink and girly kind of things.

I have to say they sure were funny and liked to have a good time.

The few gay people I know are straight acting and you'd never know they were gay unless you caught them bumming another dude. What's your point.

Well the few gay people I knew in years past liked to wear pink and girly kind of things.

I have to say they sure were funny and liked to have a good time.

That's because they were camp, not because they were gay. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I wear pink shirts, I love some girly things. I'm straight.

Again, I will say 1 in 4 men is gay (according to some oft quoted figures). So with that in mind, how is this bullsh*t?

Not buying it in terms of proof of its legitimacy of such a lifestyle, it's just a campaign to divide people even further by diseluding them on their sexuality in an effort to break down moral barriers and eventually corporations will be using this to profit off of.

Not buying it, it's just a campaign to divide people even further by diseluding them on their sexuality in an effort to break down moral barriers so they can teach us what you can and can't say, do, or think.

Well that's paranoia and homophobia all in one.

Many would argue that art is reflecting society, and promoting tolerance. Quite the opposite of diving people, andif your morals are based upon fear and distrust, then you really have no place to teach anyone anything.

Here's why Batman would not work:

Batman has always been associated with young male sidekicks, which has given him a bad rep in the fandom, especially in the early days with Dick Grayson. If he were indeed to come out of the closet, that would instantly label him as what is referred to as a "chickenhawk". That's a term for older gay men who target younger men and boys for sexual relationships.

This is not the kind of attention DC--or the gay community, for that matter--wants.

Wonder Woman is too obvious. My money is on The Flash. Why do you think they retconned Barry Allen's marriage?

Also, whoever they do, they don't have to make the character flamboyant. As long as they stay away from too much camp (and don't make it Batman, for the reasons above), I'm alright with it.

The few gay people I know are straight acting and you'd never know they were gay unless you caught them bumming another dude. What's your point.

Using the term "straight acting" plays into the hands of those who use stereotypes such as the one you're teaching gate1975mlm about. I tend to use "manly" (with quotation marks, to highlight that it's a stereotype many people ridiculously use) when talking about the type of manner you were referring to :)

I think it would be interesting if a married superhero suddenly admitted to themselves that they were gay and living a lie.

However, I also think that a bisexual superhero would be even more interesting. Bisexuality doesn't get enough publicity.

• Like 3

I think it would be interesting if a married superhero suddenly admitted to themselves that they were gay and living a lie.

That would be a VERY interesting storyline. Questioning themselves, whether they'd stay as a superhero or write it off as part of the lie, etc.

Do you not watch Big Bang Theory???? Seriously, forget bumsex and dicksucking... This is more shocking ;)

I've only seen one episode, I think :/ I've been wanting to watch it more, but I just . . . don't end up doing it :s heh.

Using the term "straight acting" plays into the hands of those who use stereotypes such as the one you're teaching gate1975mlm about. I tend to use "manly" (with quotation marks, to highlight that it's a stereotype many people ridiculously use) when talking about the type of manner you were referring to :)

I agree, but without being nasty to him, I was just trying to communicate on his level.

Robin?

Ah, but which one? I'd have no problem with Damien Wayne or Jason Todd being gay, but after Dick Grayson's relationships with Starfire and Batgirl, and Tim Drake's with Spoiler and Wonder Girl I'd have issues with this reveal.

I don't think Superman or Batman would work, just about any of the other members of the Justice League would though....

How about Shazam!

Captain Marvel's wizard boss? Why not? Could explain why 2/3 of the Marvel family are boys, and his initial reluctance to accept Mary as a Marvel, despite being better with the powers than her brother.

A gay villain, oh man. That would be.. well.. fabulous.

Pied Piper, revealed in Flash in the 90s when Piper wasn't really a villain anymore, and was at the time Wally's best friend.

:geek:

They said it was a character not yet part of the new-52 reboot, so it's not Superman or Batman (or Robin). Also, the current Batwoman is a lesbian.

/ :geek:

Really? Who in the world could it be then? I don't follow DC, so I have no idea who is or is not a part of the reboot yet...