Thor 2: The Dark World

oUKOHH1.png

As Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor has declared on several occasions, Malekith's quarrel in the film goes back 5,000 years; back when Thor's grandfather, Bor, was the Lord of Asgard. With that said, it's not too surprising that we'll get a flashback with Bor and the Accursed Dark Elf villain at some point during the Marvel sequel. This is according to Scottish actor Tony Curran (Gladiator, Underworld: Evolution), who took to his Twitter account to all but confirm the casting. Also, with Odin's father being considered The Architect of Asgard in the comics, Alan Taylor has revealed that the dungeon-like prison in which Loki's seen captive was built by Bor

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=88402

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it at the cinema the other day. The story is certainly different from the first Thor as it slowly builds from the beginning, from the Dark Elves entrance. It's a bit too slow for my liking but I have to say, the chemistry between Thor and Loki, Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddlestone should be commended!

Overall, a good watch.

Scirwode

watched it yesterday. it was a nice movie. i wouldn't say it was slow as there were a background story to tell but it's laked a bit of big combat IMO.

overall, as Scirwode said, a good watch.

Offhand, I think we'll see another -

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-thor-2-hammers-654911

Marvel Studios and Disney's Thor: The Dark World thundered its way to a $86.1 million domestic launch as it continued its global assault, finishing the weekend with a sizeable $327 million in worldwide ticket sales.

That's an impressive start considering the first Thor, which debuted to $65.7 million domestically in May 2011, grossed $449.3 million globally in all. The sequel nabbed one of the top November openings of all time in North America, although it couldn't quite match the $88.4 million earned by Skyfall on the same weekend a year ago.

The 3D tentpole -- returning Chris Hemsworth as the hammer-wielding superhero -- has grossed $240.9 million internationally, where it began rolling out last weekend. It is pacing a whopping 90 percent ahead of the original title, which topped out at $268 million internationally (Thor 2 has already eclipsed the $192 million earned by Captain America: The First Avenger). Russia leads with $24.1 million, followed by the U.K. with $22.6 million and China (where it opened Friday) with $19.6 million.

The movie is doing big business in Imax theaters, which generated $11 million in global ticket sales.

>

I really enjoyed it ,went to see it yesterday. The cameo's along with the story and ending was really good and most certainly set the stage for another firm.

My hope is they bring him back to the Avengers 2 along with all the original members or else it may fail for me.