Would you use a second hand mattress?

Would you use a second hand mattress?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a second hand mattress?

• Yes - Why not?
    • Yes - I'm cheap!
    • No - That's disgusting!
    • No - Urgh, bed bugs, dead skin cells and sweaty urine stains!
    • What's a mattress?
    • Bed bugzz!! buzzzzzzz!!!!

But you are happy to sleep on one that has been used by hundreds, maybe thousands of people in a hotel. Just seems odd that people are happy to use hotel mattresses, but definately wont use a second hand one.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a second hand one, but have no problem sleeping in hotels.

well you cant help it with hotels but you are in control of it at home.

Eh, life is an adventure. If people can live in hotels and couch-surf and etc for years at a time, it's really not any different. At least a mattress has probably only been slept on by one or two people (primarily).

just before he died, my grandfather moved into our house so he could spend his final days with his family.

we bought him a new mattress so he would be comfortable, a couple of months later he died on that mattress. that mattress became mine until i moved out a few years later. my father still occasionally mocks me about "sleeping in a dead mans bed."

it is a laugh a minute at my dads house.

well you cant help it with hotels but you are in control of it at home.

True, but there is really no difference.

I can't seem to find it around the web, but I saw a TV program a few years back of an experiment on bed mattresses. They gave a couple a brand new mattress for a week and then did something to it and got about 1L of sweat from it. I thought it was on Brainiac Sky 1, but can't find it, maybe not?

Minging!!!