iTunes 11 UI

Does anyone know if this is just a UI change or a real new version?

Since we haven't had any access to beta versions it's highly unlikely someone here can answer what has changed under the hood.

It's more than likely v11, given some rather substantial changes.

It's more than likely v11, given some rather substantial changes.

As said before, I think most of the groundwork has already been done by Apple when they released iTunes v10.4. It just doesn't really show because the company slapped the old interface right on top of it.

As said before, I think most of the groundwork has already been done by Apple when they released iTunes v10.4. It just doesn't really show because the company slapped the old interface right on top of it.

I agree with you here, its like Microsoft or Apple making code changes to there Operating systems but not changing the UI at all, most people will think, what the hell is different.

I agree with you here, its like Microsoft or Apple making code changes to there Operating systems but not changing the UI at all, most people will think, what the hell is different.

iTunes on OS X saw a dramatic performance boost when it was updated to v10.4 for OS X Lion. I immediately saw an increase in import and conversion speeds. The Cocoa and 64-bit foundation is already there, it's just the interface that's still slow and ****ty. I can't really blame people for not realizing it. Most rely on what they see.

too bad zune doesn't have an EQ or sound enhancements.... I would be using it.... :-(

too bad zune doesn't have an EQ or sound enhancements.... I would be using it.... :-(

Thankfully it doesn't. Those are functions you shouldn't use.

Thankfully it doesn't. Those are functions you shouldn't use.

depends on music played and personal taste.. to me it's like eating plain pasta, no gravy or cheese....

Yes, thank GOD! As we all know the equalizer is just sooo incredibly hard to disable in iTunes?

I'm confused by your comment. This function is in iTunes to disable the equalizer in v10.

Explain to me why its hard to disable? Or am I missing something?

Interesting. Though I have about 10,000 songs, and don't notice any slowness.

I may not have 50000 songs, but in total I have around 11000 media files accounting for 2TB, and I so see any slowness whatsoever. Playing a file will play it instantly.

I may not have 50000 songs, but in total I have around 11000 media files accounting for 2TB, and I so see any slowness whatsoever. Playing a file will play it instantly.

I haven't noticed any slowdowns either to be perfectly honest.

Why ruin the music ? If it was intended to be eq warped, they'd have recorded it that way. Arguably there's some music you can't ruin anyway.

• Like 2

Why ruin the music ? If it was intended to be eq warped, they'd have recorded it that way. Arguably there's some music you can't ruin anyway.

and what do you listen to? and what speakers/soundcard do you have? also tell us about your listening environment and all that as well... all that makes a HUGE difference on weather you need an EQ or not... some songs sound flat and lifeless or have too much midrange or too much treble and you need to turn those down... or a song has too much bass so you gotta turn that down... or if the song doesn't have enough...

also not everyone's gonna buy top of the line speakers or DACs and condition thier rooms.... not everyone can afford to.

and it's the listener's preferance so what does it matter to you? let them decide how they want to listen to thier music and any media software developer should try to cater thier application to a wide audience as possible.... that's one thing Notch needs to learn when it comes to windows 8 users.... EQs have been standard in media players for more then 15 years... even basic portable cd players back in the day had EQ presets... so it's not like it's some newfangled hard thing to program in....

Just becuase you don't like it and you don't use it doesn't mean it should be taken away from others who would use it...