Anyone got your Surface yet?

I love mine, is it perfect? No, but it's better than every android tablet out there. I am convinced this thing is an update or two away from Microsoft having a serious, and i mean serious, iPad competitor on the market.

Just received my Surface. Some of my family members dropped their ipads and wanted to know what this cool thing is. I got the impression they now feel they have something vastly inferior. One family member immediately put his ipad away,and it got a great chuckle from everyone. Another family member wanted to compare apps like skype,and the reaction on their faces was hilarious.

I'm sure that actually happened ;) A lot of new technology owners have these little anecdotes to share, yet I never see it happen in real life.

Funny that.

Received mine. Very sturdy and feels good in the hand. The screen looks great, the touch keyboard/cover is nice, thin, and responsive and it snaps in place easily every time and really does hold on tight. Browsing with Netflix/msging or any other single app snapped to the side is a great improvement over any other tablet I've used. I think I need to start looking into getting rid of my new iPAD since I haven't been using it much and this can pretty much replace it for the apps that I regularly use. Impressed that Remote desktop works very well on the touch screen+keyboard combo and can launch other apps remotely or use them through that mechanism despite lack of x86 support, Multi-tasking is way better than that available on Galaxy Tab 2 or iPad 3rd gen. I think they have a very good product on their hand here.

Received mine. Very sturdy and feels good in the hand. The screen looks great, the touch keyboard/cover is nice, thin, and responsive and it snaps in place easily every time and really does hold on tight. Browsing with Netflix/msging or any other single app snapped to the side is a great improvement over any other tablet I've used. I think I need to start looking into getting rid of my new iPAD since I haven't been using it much and this can pretty much replace it for the apps that I regularly use. Impressed that Remote desktop works very well on the touch screen+keyboard combo and can launch other apps remotely or use them through that mechanism despite lack of x86 support, Multi-tasking is way better than that available on Galaxy Tab 2 or iPad 3rd gen. I think they have a very good product on their hand here.

The surface rt support remote desktop?

yes, you can remote desktop to other systems from the surface RT. I tested remoting into a windows 7 box, windows 2012 and a windows 2008 r2 server and they all worked perfectly fine using the desktop rdp client. With the metro remote desktop app it looks like you can even bring over remote apps running on terminal servers but I need to test that to see if it works or not.

I'm a sucker for pretty pictures, anyone care to share? Can't say I even know what the box / packaging looks like :p Seems like I won't be getting a Surface anytime soon, but I might have a different Windows 8 Tablet to play with pretty soon anyway.

yes, you can remote desktop to other systems from the surface RT. I tested remoting into a windows 7 box, windows 2012 and a windows 2008 r2 server and they all worked perfectly fine using the desktop rdp client. With the metro remote desktop app it looks like you can even bring over remote apps running on terminal servers but I need to test that to see if it works or not.

That's awesome. If Cisco comes out with an Anyconnect VPN app, I won't bother waiting for Surface Pro, as I thought I would need to to connect to my work computer remotely.

Either way, I'm super jealous. I'm heading to Mall of America later in November and I'm definitely spending some time at the Microsoft store there.

The surface rt support remote desktop?

Gives me an idea... get Surface RT, and just remote into my desktop when I need something more... :o

Picked one up for my fiancee' this morning. She got to open and play with at lunch. When she went back, I played with it for awhile. This thing is pretty great. I think the performance issues, referred to above, will be fixed in no time. As a matter of fact, in Joanna Stoerne's ABC News review of the Surface she said MS had responded to her saying a fix was coming soon.

Essentially, the issue is a few dropped frames of animation especially when sliding apps in from the left side if there are many things running. But, overall the processor can handle quite a bit.

Again, great device and I can't wait till the Pro hits as I want that bad boy for myself.

just tried cut the rope, seems ok. I did notice like after you win a game, the frame rate appears to dip slightly when you press the next button to go to the next level but in game the frame rate seems fine/normal. One thing I did notice is that the HDMI output appears to send a 1920x1080 signal @ 30fps and the output isn't as sharp as it looks on the tablets screen but its not bad.

Ill be waiting until atleast HBO GO and Watch ESPN apps come out. if they do.

For those of you who got your surface at the Microsoft store, there was a little booklet in the bag. There is a code in that book for an extra 3GB of skydrive storage.

but not the pre-orders?

Nice! You going to get office for it?

Office RT Home and Student is included with *every* Surface RT - hence he doesn't have to.

Nope................ but i did receive email from MS for apologizing and C$50 coupon for not delivering it today. First pre-order of my life and didn't like it. :angry:

i dont think it was there fault for the UK and Canada because my order to the Midwest US was dispatched the 22nd and in fedex's hands and traveling the 23rd.

but not the pre-orders?

I don't know. The code was in my bag when I got home. I tried reusing the code with a different skydrive account, but it said the code was already claimed, so they are unique for each booklet.

I don't know. The code was in my bag when I got home. I tried reusing the code with a different skydrive account, but it said the code was already claimed, so they are unique for each booklet.

did you buy it from a proper MS store or a holidy store?