Nicolas Cage not appearing in 'Expendables 3' [UPDATED]

You sure about that? I doubt he's at 400 lbs. You must be thinking someone else.

In real life, Steven Seagal is a sheriff deputy. He is not staying home 24/7 sitting on couch to gain his weight... he's always on the run... from point A to point B for movie duties, and back to his real job, and other places where he needs to go to.

He was asked to join with the Expendables team but he turned it down.

I know who he is. His first few movies were at the top with other action movies from that era (80s and 90s).

I bought a DVD with three of his later movies about a year or two ago, and just couldn't get through them. The story line was weak, it was obvious what was going to happen next, and in most cases, you actually didn't see him fighting - it was computer animated, or a double was used. I haven't seen anything new of his since (except an episode or two of Lawman).

It's a shame he put on so much weight. I was hoping there would be a chance that he would get some weight-loss tips from Sly and Arnie before filming (for Expendables 3) started.

I did find Expendables 2 a bit too immature. I was hoping for another movie that makes you sit at the edge of your seat, like "Predator", "Assassins", or "Daylight". I was getting tired of all the "I'll be back" jokes, and Chuck Norris having supernatural powers.

Cage "used" to be a master actor. Films like Bringing Out The Dead, Con-Air, Adaptation, The Rock, Gone In 60 Seconds, 8mm and so on. Hell, even National Treasure was an alright film, but since the early 2000s he's just been making rubbish to pay off his tax bill and debts.

I'll watch The Expendables 2 & 3... eventually, but I'm not looking for an amazing film from either, unlike some people. They'll be pure trash, and that's all I want from them

"...Nicolas Cage, a master actor..."

He plays the exact same way in every movie he's in!

Which is the only way he needs to be.

#onetruegod

I know who he is. His first few movies were at the top with other action movies from that era (80s and 90s).

I bought a DVD with three of his later movies about a year or two ago, and just couldn't get through them. The story line was weak, it was obvious what was going to happen next, and in most cases, you actually didn't see him fighting - it was computer animated, or a double was used. I haven't seen anything new of his since (except an episode or two of Lawman).

It's a shame he put on so much weight. I was hoping there would be a chance that he would get some weight-loss tips from Sly and Arnie before filming (for Expendables 3) started.

I did find Expendables 2 a bit too immature. I was hoping for another movie that makes you sit at the edge of your seat, like "Predator", "Assassins", or "Daylight". I was getting tired of all the "I'll be back" jokes, and Chuck Norris having supernatural powers.

My post was for Growled. Not you.

Anyway, Steven is probably about 230 lbs... but it is not bad. He is a big guy. But not really fat like a fat guy who sits in the bed and unable to move around. He may lose some weight at some point before he does the dangerous stunts. Otherwise all he does is simple tasks in the movies such as punch, flip the guys over to the ground, etc.

I know he isn't doing well in the recent movies lately... but he wasn't only one who sucks at acting. I am sure other actors who suck at acting ...

Like I said, he was asked to join the Expendables team, but he turned it down. He won't join with them at all unless they get different producer which the current producer and Steven are probably not getting along well.