Publisher: THQ

Platforms: PC, PS3, XBOX 360

Genre: Survival Horror, First Person Shooter

Mode: Single Player only

Method of Distribution: Optical Disc, Digital Distribution

Release Date: Q1, 2013

Plot

It is the year 2034.

Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside ? and within.

Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.

As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival ? the lastlight in our darkest hour?A gripping, story-driven first person shooter

Features

Metro: LastLight is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010?s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033.

? Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes ? both human and mutant ? and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness

? Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created

? Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay

? Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC

Images

123_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

124_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

127_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

225_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

267_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

226_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

128_crop890x507.1351046181.jpg

THQ is in financial trouble, they have canned a lot of games, I'd be surprised if this actually releases.

There's still hope for THQ: http://www.rockpaper...nancial-backer/

I'm hopeful that the game will not be cancelled. Here's a recently released live-action trailer:

I was expecting some 2d three color interface that someone called new...

Sorry all jokes aside, I never played the original one but this looks pretty fun; I love the somewhat dark aspect of it all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FPS survival horror. The first one is quite good. It is pretty cheap of steam. A little while ago THQ were giving away free codes for Steam. I think that is over though.

It's good to see a bit of colour.

Playing 1st one at present with some a friend and its rather decent I have to say. A little hard at points, but good overall. Really like how atmospheric it is, tho do agree that sneaking some colour in helps.

Not seen so much brown/grey since Quake.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait for this!

Story wise I thought it was one of the games of the year when it came out, and has inspired me to purchase the book (though I still remains unread as I have so many others to go through!)

I liked STALKER series, but I didn't like the on-rails feel of Metro 2033. I really missed the freedom of STALKER. Didn't get far in 2033. :-\

Honestly felt like a poor-man's STALKER

I liked STALKER series, but I didn't like the on-rails feel of Metro 2033. I really missed the freedom of STALKER. Didn't get far in 2033. :-\

Honestly felt like a poor-man's STALKER

What are you talking about? Metro and Stalker have only one thing in common, Horror. That's it, they shouldn't even be alike.