Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Found a cat but couldn't tame it. I hear there are horse and bears ?

No Horses or Bears,

tame cats with fish!

Found a cat but couldn't tame it. I hear there are horse and bears ?

you're thinking of the Mo Creatures mod, that's not in the server so no horses or bears

I've noticed the game chugs up pretty frequently on me. I have no idea what the cause would be since it's running on a pretty chunky gaming rig. Is it just the server? Lag? Or is there configuration I might be missing?

Regardz :)

I've noticed the game chugs up pretty frequently on me. I have no idea what the cause would be since it's running on a pretty chunky gaming rig. Is it just the server? Lag? Or is there configuration I might be missing?

I've noticed the server lags when it does the backup every 15 minutes.

does it chug on other servers as well? single player? either way, if you haven't already I'd install optifine. even on my gaming PC optifine has increased the performance of minecraft and allowed me to install HD textures

does it chug on other servers as well? single player? either way, if you haven't already I'd install optifine. even on my gaming PC optifine has increased the performance of minecraft and allowed me to install HD textures

I recommend Optifine to everyone even if they have an amazing computer for 2 reasons, HD Textures and being able to switch texture packs without leaving the game.

I recommend Optifine to everyone even if they have an amazing computer for 2 reasons, HD Textures and being able to switch texture packs without leaving the game.

and don't forget the multi-thread support :) get's rid of those lag spikes when loading new chunks

Whenever i goto The Nether, my tools/weapons never come with me, is this normal, can't remember from playing single player..

Whenever i goto The Nether, my tools/weapons never come with me, is this normal, can't remember from playing single player..

The Nether doesn't work with our plugins at the moment, so it thinks you're moving to a new world, thus emptying your inventory. Your items are still there and will appear when returning to the Survival overworld.

The same applies to The End.

This thread needs more pictures of builds! Here's what I've been working on since I joined.

My house on the hill with man made village, villagers and golems.

post-308560-0-15742300-1359425826.png

• Like 2

Good to have a bit of a build every now and then - be nice not having my son putting traps all around my buildings! Username; droolingmonkey

Cheers!