Winxp Rules The World!!!!

Just letting you know that windowsxp's HomeNetwork wizard is awesome. I have been trying to share my satellite connection for years and It never worked. Now within less than 3 minuts its working like a charm :)

I was having problem sharing ADSL connection, but now it's working great. Once the other client (in my network) have installed Windows XP, it automatically detects the current internet connection through the gateway (through my Windows XP computer) and within seconds the client computer connected directly to the internet. I like that feature! XP the best! :D

I had no problems with ICS or networking on XP, but then again I expected to have none, so i'm happy :)

digitallaughter, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you had heaps of problems with XP?

I know I have had many and I'm not sure if the positives outweigh the problems. :ponder:

Originally posted by Lurchybaby

Bah!! Wizards are highly overrated (except the one that I used with MS ISA 2000. That one was actually worth going through.

:)

Am with you all the way on that, 100%... WindowsXP Networking thingy kinda don't like to have two same user name on the same network... ISA 2K seems to be a best bet for a secure network...

Buying it from directron and downloading DevilsOwn are the same thing! The only difference is with one you don't have to worry about activating it and you don't get support.... Support doesn't matter though because I haven't had a single problem with XP and neither has 5 or 6 other machines I've installed it on!

I just got my winxp OEM home cd and I must say I am impressed. After install all my probs I had with Devils and Other downloaded Winxps they all just went away. Works like a charm None of the probs that plauged all of my xp installs exist. :) Norton2002 decided to work too :) and I can use windows update also :)

DevilsOwn is an IRC group that make the replaced file of Windows XP Professional so that it'll require no Activation, no timebomb. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you download WinXP off the web you will almost certainly get one of three files: the Dell OEM, the DevilsOwn version or the beta testers Evaluation with a crack.

DevilsOwn is the most common version found. As for their release of XP I thought they didn't modify any files [unlike so many people claim... shouting that they hacked it and added viruses... NOT TRUE] but got hold of a corporate version and bypassing activation serial number.

Yeah, far as i know it is just the Corp version of XP.

They did 2 things :-

1) Riped an ISO of the Corp OS and put that out on the web, the DevilsOwn release even has the same CD lable, not WXPCORP_EN, but WXPVOL_EN the correct title.

2) Found the file's inside this ISO and ziped them up to 'patch' non corp version's.

I remember on some other forums people doing CRC checks and stuff on the MS CORP and the DevilsOwn corp, they gave the same ID code thingamy :)