Video game genres you simply don't like?

Cannot stand Racing Games - I have no interest in cars, and thus have very little understanding of or interest in racing.

Hate certain puzzle games (spot the difference, find the objects - all that rubbish)

But other than that I'm pretty easy, but I do have to be in the mood for any RPGs/hugely story driven games. I go through phases of demanding immersion and phases of quick fix (Multiplayer games).

Yes, as in don't like. That is what not my cup of tea means: not to my liking/of no interest.

No as in I do play/own sports games I just don't play them that much since i'm no sports nut, so they are on the bottom of my list for a genre.

MORPGs or whatever they're called. where you just do the same crap over and over to collect EXP and level up.

Repetitive.

Also games like THE SIMs really bore me.

Agreed. Wandering aimlessly on giant maps picking plants or looking for tools or work or whatever, not quite sure what your suppose to do. - Also the up above camera perspective where your like a mile in the air and your in charge of entire platoons of fighting robots attacking other robots. Annoying !

Any online games includeing mmorpgs because they are so boreing and repetitive.

Half Life 2 because the story is non exsistant even doom 3 had a better one with a beginning middle and end.

MMOs - I just don't find them at all enjoyable, even when they go free-to-play. Other than that I don't think there's any genre that I dislike. I like FPS, RTS, RPG, action, platformers, sports, puzzle, adventure, racing, tower defence, simulators, fighters and more.

I've never been a fan of sports games, and that includes games that you could put loosely under the sports genre like Skateboarding and Wrestling ones.

I prefer story-driven RPGs like Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2 that don't require you to complete mundane tasks (even if the story kinda sucks, as was the case with Torchlight 2).

I wouldn't call Diablo and Torchlight story-driven RPGs at all.

The biggest problem with MMORPGs that exist out there is not with the crafting or item gathering, imo, but the particularly boring way its implemented. Its too mundane to do, and everything is about getting XP and leveling up, until your character is say a 325th level miner.

But take for instance, this game, UnReal World, which is a survival game based on Iron Age Finland:

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

You have to skin animals, cut meat, you have to track them by following their trails, you can starve of hunger and die of thirst, you need to sleep, you can freeze and catch colds, etc. Its a really good game. The reason is because the game puts some meat and realism into everything, and everything isn't just about leveling up. There are no 'levels' in the game. Tasks are no longer mundane, they're about survival.

Its a game still in progress of development in case its new to anyone here.

Hmm... kind of a hard one.

Sure there's lots of genres I don't play, but I haven't played them so I can't say that I'm against them.

Plus I don't really know what genres some games fit into. I'm more into Racing Games, and some FPS Games.

I guess if I had to pick something, it`d be kiddie games I don`t like for sure,

plus I don`t really like action figure or super hero type games like Batman, Spiderman, etc. etc.

MORPGs or whatever they're called. where you just do the same crap over and over to collect EXP and level up.

Repetitive.

Also games like THE SIMs really bore me.

lol am I the only one that thought this was funny since his sig is showing score and kills from pulling the same trigger over and over to collect EXP and level up lol.

As for me, some strategy games depending on how they are done. I don't like games like Civ. Most FPS games, and low budget anime fighting games.

I wouldn't call Diablo and Torchlight story-driven RPGs at all.

Okay, I guess Torchlight isn't really story-driven but Diablo certainly is. Even if the main focus of the game is on combat and exploration, the story is told through characters you encounter and lore you discover. I certainly played it for the story and I enjoyed watching the cinematic cutscenes. There was a lot of discussion and controversy about the story too on Blizzard's forums when the game was first released.

It's definitely better than some RPGs that put little emphasis on the story, like World of Warcraft.