Any ideas how to untangle this ?

So I've been left with this to untangle for the missus, I've been on at it for about 15 minutes and barely getting anywhere

Anyone have tricks to untangle necklaces ?

I can't tell if there are two or three, looks like 3 clasp things

GEDC1180.jpg

If you have a loose end, just keep pulling that back through the last hole it goes through until you've pulled it back through the last one. Progress seems slow at first, but accelerates all the way through. As far as possible never pull anything hard - that just locks it all together, and stop to try to shake it all a bit looser every now and again.

• Like 2

If you have a loose end, just keep pulling that back through the last hole it goes through until you've pulled it back through the last one. Progress seems slow at first, but accelerates all the way through. As far as possible never pull anything hard - that just locks it all together, and stop to try to shake it all a bit looser every now and again.

Ah, the good ol' "tangled earphones" trick. It's never steered me wrong. (Y)

Probably oil it up so its easier to pull?

Not a bad idea :)

It looks easy to see in the photo, I used macro, the chains are absolutely tiny and I can't tell which is over which with my eyes

nah cant see it must be blocked at work

Oil is what i would do but make sure you wash them before she puts them back on

nah cant see it must be blocked at work

Oil is what i would do but make sure you wash them before she puts them back on

Yup think I'm going with the oil idea after my dinner

Try this

XLKgxsy.jpg

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago (though admittedly on a much smaller scale), I suggest:

1. Get a magnifying glass or reading glasses so you can see what you're doing

2. Use sewing needles or pins to hook into and move the chains

3. In this way follow the headphones method others have described

Good luck!

Wow that's a pretty severe balled up mess. :rofl:

I guess the only thing you can do is try to loosen up the "ball" and then start from one end and start backtracking it thru loops.

wrap christmas lights around a coat hanger and ll never get tangled

Good idea, even if I put Xmas lights away completely neat and untangled they always come back out the next year a huge tangled mess

Wow that's a pretty severe balled up mess. :rofl:

I guess the only thing you can do is try to loosen up the "ball" and then start from one end and start backtracking it thru loops.

Here is an idea of how thin the chains are, the line next to the chain is a single line drawn with a Biro pen

GEDC1181.jpg

Just take one end and follow it througha s far as you can. and dont tighten the not thats the worst thing. I tend to normally go for the more lose ends and follow them on.

Just take one end and follow it througha s far as you can. and dont tighten the not thats the worst thing. I tend to normally go for the more lose ends and follow them on.

Its impossible, they are so thin even my finger nails grab 2 or 3 chains at once, and I can barely focus on them as to how close I need to have my eyes to try and pick out individual chains

Still trying without oil atm but looks like I will end up having to do that, only thing is, that will make them even more slippery eels than they already are

And I just start thinking I'm getting somewhere and I'll drop them, or my nail gets caught and I undo all my work

Here is an idea of how thin the chains are, the line next to the chain is a single line drawn with a Biro pen

Yikes! You might need a pair of tweezers and one of these:

SeeMoreHeaMagnifier.jpg

• Like 2

For the amazing price of just ?99.99 i will untangle that for you.

This time saving service was brought to you by Xoligy :D

:laugh:

I'm starting to work out that every chance the chain has had, it has become a slip knot on another chain