Any news on windows blue?

You have to be joking. Windows 8 has only been out for a month or two, with a planned relaunch very soon. There's no way you're going to see Blue until at least September by my guess. Releasing Blue now would be the equivalent to Microsoft saying, "whoops...we messed up some things with Windows 8" which will just cause all manner of..."debate."

You have to be joking. Windows 8 has only been out for a month or two, with a planned relaunch very soon. There's no way you're going to see Blue until at least September by my guess. Releasing Blue now would be the equivalent to Microsoft saying, "whoops...we messed up some things with Windows 8" which will just cause all manner of..."debate."

What planned relaunch? You're honestly believing the Register?

Sorry, there are no reliable or even semi-reliable sources claiming this.

Regardless, the rest of my point still stands. Anyone expecting Blue to be released now are getting ahead of themselves.

Regardless, the rest of my point still stands. Anyone expecting Blue to be released now are getting ahead of themselves.

Yes, but that "relaunch" crap is total BS. Not one self respecting blogger or tech site ran that "story".

• Like 2

Yes, but that "relaunch" crap is total BS. Not one self respecting blogger or tech site ran that "story".

Exactly. I don't know why people even reference this crap that is literally made up out of thin air. Fact 1: No one knows anything about "blue". Fact 2: If someone did know about it, other then making up some bogus logical progression like "bug fixes", then they would need some pretty solid evidence and if they had inside sources would leak an ISO or upgrade installer.

Good lord. Mea Culpa, guys! I hereby repent my sinful behaviour!

The fact that a relaunch is or is not happening is really beside the point. It has no bearing on the release of Blue one way or another.

Since we don't know how big or what is going to be in Windows Blue we can't say for sure how long it will take to come. If all it really is is performance and UI tweaks without any real new features (just some more options that users want etc) then it should take that long honestly. I can see them going for a summer release at best, Say late June or July. Otherwise we'll see it in Oct-November since that seems to be the time of the year MS likes to release all it's OS related updates. I also expect Windows Blue to go hand in hand with the next update to Windows Phone 8.

unbelievable 2013 and still xp is flying. maybe blue will clip its wings. fingers crossed for a good os.

I wouldn't call it "flying", support for it is over, and security updates will cease next year.

Microsoft news, the company is rumored to be working on its next generation operating system. Codenamed Windows Blue, it will be a low cost upgrade for existing Windows users that will be based on a subscription service for updates.

[link to www.pcper.com]

I'd have to agree with you all the way here. Must be OP is totally PO'd at his nice, shiny, brand new Windows 8 POS!! :woot:

Microsoft news, the company is rumored to be working on its next generation operating system. Codenamed Windows Blue, it will be a low cost upgrade for existing Windows users that will be based on a subscription service for updates.

[link to www.pcper.com]

What's with the referer link ? even without that the sources is just rumor speculation.

Windows Blue will have UI changes, more for kb+mouse users and update to winrt apis etc. I don't think we'll see any more big changes till Windows 9.

Forgot where I read it, but I thought they were going to make the start screen more like WP8, with more sizes of tiles available

Maybe we can also see more of the control panel options move to metro?

Forgot where I read it, but I thought they were going to make the start screen more like WP8, with more sizes of tiles available

Maybe we can also see more of the control panel options move to metro?

Adding the smaller tile option from WP8 is a given I bet. Adding more to the metro control panel will also happen to since I think the desktop side of things will change to better merge with metro.

I wouldn't call it "flying", support for it is over, and security updates will cease next year.

support ends when updates end

http://www.microsoft...dofsupport.aspx

WHAT?

What does end of support mean to customers?

It means you should take action. After April 8, 2014, there will be no new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates.

Not that I use it, just pointing out that it is still supported by Microsoft.

Not that I use it, just pointing out that it is still supported by Microsoft.

and say what you will about Microsoft, but supporting their OS for almost 13 years...that's something...

I still use it on one laptop (that isn't connected to the internet) and in a VM, too. Does its job just fine. :)

Releasing Blue now would be the equivalent to Microsoft saying, "whoops...we messed up some things with Windows 8"

Exactly why MS is probably farther along with Blue then what anyone is aware of except some guys in white coats hidden in a closet in Redmond. The next release will come sooner then later.