• 1 year later...

E3 trailer

This game is gonna be amazing. 

And the release date is February 24 2015.

Looks so great! hands down my most anticipated game right now.

Where's the option for 1080p on the gamepspots version?

The official one has it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU

It was there in the menu like usual? Don't know what to tell you, I see it.

I keep seeing people say this is the "Game of Thrones" of video games in the comments to the trailer and I'm not sure why. They really aren't similar at all.

witcher1.jpg

Content leaks ahead of official announcement tonight.

The Witcher 3's pre-order content appears to have leaked online ahead of its official announcement this evening.

The back page of today's issue of MCV lists the content (pictured above), which includes a selection of stickers, game map, official soundtrack, a Witcher Universe Compendium and a game manual.

A Collector's Edition, presumably with its own range of content, will also be revealed during CD Projekt Red's press conference tonight.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30060-Box-Art-leaked

-----

Hidden message in trailer

8N2i5Ho.png

Transcript:

We've missed you!

Today you got a look at the third trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We hope you liked it!

There's so much more in this game that is's just impossible to show everything withing two and a half minutes. Still we tried :)

More importantly we just showed you some of the main characters

Geralt's close friends and some of the last witchers remaining in the world - Vesemir, Eskel and Lambert - will play a big part in the game, as well their famous fortress Kaer Morhen.

You also got a glimpse of the ---ned bard Dandelion and the sorceress Triss Merigold.

Emhyr var Emreis, Emperor of Nilfgaard, the most powerful man in the world of The Witcher also made an appearance. Recognize his voice?

And then there was Ciri!

And Yennefer!

By the way, if you're new to the series, don't worry, the game will introduce you into all you need to know, and you'll start loving (and hating!) characters in no time!

Also, you've been asking us many questions about gameplay features and we're finally ready to answer some of them - so here it goes:

• Yes, you will be able to fight while on horseback
  • The crossbow. Yup, Geralt can use ranged weapon. Because sometimes monsters fly and you can't reach them.
  • Remember swimming and sailing. You'll be able to dive and search for a lot of hidden stuff too. There's a whole underwater world to discover.
  • Horse racing anyone?

You also got to hear more music from the game. This particular track was composed by Marcin Przyby?owicz & Percival. We'd love to hear your feedback. Fire away in the comments or on the game's Facebook/Twitter/forums. Remember, we're always listening, even if we're not getting back to you.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Team

CD PROJEKT RED

PS. If you're still waiting for more (you are, right?), please be patient. We're just warming up.

PPS. Have you seen the Collector's Edition video? What do you think about the figure?

PPPS. We've just announced a closed multiplayer beta of The Witcher Adventure Game -------- & let the GOG.com guys ------ you.

Title updated

Not sure about this being an official topic 2 years in advance :laugh:

To be fair it was delayed into 2015. Still, it's the only thread we have on the game.

Yeah it's fine to keep using it, but a fresh topic for release will probably be a good idea. If it continues to grow we'll have tens of pages of discussion before the game is even out.

-----

-----

The Witcher Adventure Game coming to PC, signups live for closed multiplayer beta

You can pre-purchase Witcher 3 on Steam right now for 47.99 USD if you own Witcher 1 & 2 on Steam.

Or you can get it on GOG DRM-Free, with a couple of bonuses like soundtrack, comic book, Neverwinter Nights and 2 beta keys for their Witcher themed card game and best of all, the money goes entirely to CD Projekt RED since it's pretty much the same company.

If you have Witcher 1/2 on Steam (or anywhere else) you can redeem them on GOG and I believe you'd also qualify for the same discount.

Steam should be cheaper for Europeans. I find it hilarious how GOG's "fair pricing" policy is a total piece of crap, even though they were so much PR-ing that this would benefit customers. Best joke ever. :laugh: And now with the "DRM-FREEEE" parade only referring to the single player portions of the games.

Anyways, if you haven't played TW and / or TW2 yet, make sure to play them with both story choices, the experience is vastly different.

Steam should be cheaper for Europeans. I find it hilarious how GOG's "fair pricing" policy is a total piece of crap, even though they were so much PR-ing that this would benefit customers. Best joke ever. :laugh: And now with the "DRM-FREEEE" parade only referring to the single player portions of the games.

Anyways, if you haven't played TW and / or TW2 yet, make sure to play them with both story choices, the experience is vastly different.

What? There''s going to be MP in Witcher 3?

What? There''s going to be MP in Witcher 3?

No, this was about GOG's service in general. That's basically the "official" store of CDP RED since they own GOG.

It isn't with the pre-order discount. On Steam it's 44?, while on GOG it costs 54$ (~39?). I can't compare with both the pre-order and The Witcher 1+2 discounts since I don't have them on Steam, but on GOG the price is 48$ (~34.5?). If you want the lowest price though, you can get it from one of those key sites.

As for the rest of the complaints, well, this topic is about The Witcher 3, not GOG (You can hunt down a topic I made about their fair-price debacle if you want to talk about it).

EDIT: Where can I find the new trailer lossless?

I kind-a want the collector's edition, unlike other games I can't imagine being disappointed because,

- Large backstory in the Novels

- Story driven game where you don't play yourself

- Mature, which is a very rare thing.

- Won't be a cheap port

- Developers are taking their time unlike EA titles

But on the other hand, there is a lot of things I want to know,

- Number of hours to complete

- DX12 support and level of engine optimization as W2 was not optimized

- Maximum number of characters on screen

- In depth details on combat mechanics - some good mechanics of W1 were eliminated in W2

It isn't with the pre-order discount. On Steam it's 44?, while on GOG it costs 54$ (~39?). I can't compare with both the pre-order and The Witcher 1+2 discounts since I don't have them on Steam, but on GOG the price is 48$ (~34.5?). If you want the lowest price though, you can get it from one of those key sites.

As for the rest of the complaints, well, this topic is about The Witcher 3, not GOG (You can hunt down a topic I made about their fair-price debacle if you want to talk about it).

38 EUR on Steam, 44 on GOG. Sweden. ... Heh, Steam seem to have indeed upped the price now to 44 EUR with the discount.

- In depth details on combat mechanics - some good mechanics of W1 were eliminated in W2

What combat mechanics? The click-to-kill combat mechanic?

What combat mechanics? The click-to-kill combat mechanic?

God no, that would be awful. Click to swing is what everyone wants.

Rolling in W2 worked for monsters, but for human and witcher fights it felt awkward considering your opponents never did it.

Blocking was penalized, you had to roll around. That what was bad about W2 combat.

W1 had three fighting styles if I recall correctly.

And it was a better system, but the skill tree was complete overkill.

I kind-a want the collector's edition, unlike other games I can't imagine being disappointed because,

- Large backstory in the Novels

- Story driven game where you don't play yourself

- Mature, which is a very rare thing.

- Won't be a cheap port

- Developers are taking their time unlike EA titles

But on the other hand, there is a lot of things I want to know,

- Number of hours to complete

- DX12 support and level of engine optimization as W2 was not optimized

- Maximum number of characters on screen

With a "multi-region open world" I imagine that you'll probably be able to get 30-40 hours out of the game if not more.

As for the rest we probably won't know until the game is out or closer to release.

Check http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_2651_en.html

Not loseless, but it's definitely higher quality download than the rest of the streamed ones around the net.

And I myself don't care about the pre-order bonuses on gog and I already own Neverwinter Nights. All I care is the story of Witcher 3 and the graphics (the better they're, the more immersed I'm in the game), which hopefully going to be better than they were in Witcher 2 (both story and graphic wise). First time I did the crime and pre-ordered the game even though it's still so far until the release (funding Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't count): http://i.imgur.com/NsjKlkk.png

Now all is left, is wait... long, long time :(

With a "multi-region open world" I imagine that you'll probably be able to get 30-40 hours out of the game if not more.

As for the rest we probably won't know until the game is out or closer to release.

I got 40 hours out of Witcher 2, only doing the Roche's path...

It sure better be longer than that.

Check http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_2651_en.html

Not loseless, but it's definitely higher quality download than the rest of the streamed ones around the net.

And I myself don't care about the pre-order bonuses on gog and I already own Neverwinter Nights. All I care is the story of Witcher 3 and the graphics (the better they're, the more immersed I'm in the game), which hopefully going to be better than they were in Witcher 2 (both story and graphic wise). First time I did the crime and pre-ordered the game even though it's still so far until the release (funding Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't count): http://i.imgur.com/NsjKlkk.png

Now all is left, is wait... long, long time :(

Thanks!

I got 40 hours out of Witcher 2, only doing the Roche's path...

It sure better be longer than that.

You kind of played half the game, tbh. Play the other part of the game with Iiorveth. The story of the 2nd chapter is about 85% different, and the third about 50% different.

Personally, I was genuinely surprised how many plot-holes are filled with answers if you play the other side of the story. And I love how they did this, if you never experience the other side, you never find out what happened to some people. Really nicely done.