The Leftovers (Season 1)

• 3 weeks later...

Another great episode (Nora Durst one) left me with a lump in my throat. It kind of annoys me that it has such a low rating on IMDB (currently 7.2), but then again we do live in a world with Duck Dynasty, The Kardashians, Storage Wars (insert a city name or country here) and other mindless TV shows that don't require any thought  :| I really hope this does not get cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a depressing show and I think it's unrealistic on how a small town would react if something like this were to happen, I've watched all episodes so far, all these silly cults and over dramatization, I'm surprised HBO renewed it, but then again with True Blood being over soon, there's not much new shows, yet.

Just my 2c.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This show is something really special. I'm only done with the first season, but I have to say, I enjoyed almost every minute of it. It's a slow-burner, it's mostly just damaged characters talking about life and loss, but it's really captivating, and incredibly well made.

I also have to say, I'm glad they're not building the show on the mystery of the departure, rather they're focusing on the aftermath and how people deal with it. I don't want another Lost, where they could dig themselves into a hole they can't get out of. The show uses the premise in a smart way, and uses it as means of character exploration and interesting world building.

It reminded me of Rectify a bit (high praise in my book), but with a more intriguing premise. Overall, pretty amazing TV, and I can't wait to dig into season 2.