Windows 8 > Something went wrong!

^ Don't forget to make a Product Key/password back-up and a Recovery disc.

Thank you. Its done :)

Thanks for all the help and comments folks. Im still not sure what happend, but I reinstalled the win8 upgrade and now everything seems to work. Just have to remember make some system restore points now (even Im sure I had that last time too, but somehow they were gone) :)

Thanks

Someone here recommenced Macrium Reflect a free Imaging tool. Works great!

I had a similar issue when I tried to re-install the media center with windows 8. then I figured purchase a new license might fix that issue to add features to Windows 8.

Windows 8 sucks terribly. MS windows 8 needs help badly.

• 1 month later...

I am having this same problem. Initially, I was able to "purchase" free apps from the Windows Store. Now, when ever I try to purchase or install an app, free or otherwise, from the Store, I get an error message saying, "We're sorry, but 'something went wrong'." This is the Mircosoft terminology that ampersand was referring to in his original post, which Ian & Obi Wan were apparently unaware that MS was using in its error messages. After the problem with being unable to install apps, I researched, and found people saying that if you created a local account, that would fix the problem. When I tried to create a local account, after hitting "Sign out & Finish", I got another error message: "We're sorry, but 'something went wrong'. Your MS account was not switched to a local account. Code: 0x80004005." I also read that it may be a problem with method of payment in the Store, so I should switch to another user, enter a new method of payment, switch back to my user name, enter the same new payment info, and then I would be able to purchase an app. New problem: when I go to 'Store - Windows key + C - Settings - Your account - Sign in' - NOTHING happens, except the little circle of rotating dots very briefly appears, so I cannot even sign in to the Store now. I've found that there are lots of people searching for answers to these problems. I should say I also checked the time & date accuracy on my computer, which is fine, and I refreshed my computer, but am still unable to log-in to the store, setup a local account, or purchase apps in the store. I have searched everywhere & jumped through all the prescribed hoops, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.