Netflix Greenlights New Science Fiction Series "Sense8"

Im at episode 4. First 3 episodes are just a big advertisement for gay equality. Seriously, its like 40 mins of gay and lesbian sex, and 20 mins of actual story per episode. 

End of episode 3 is a cracker though. So far though I would rate it as 'okay'. Can definitely say the gay and lesbian story lines really take away the impact of the show.

I have to be missing something.  I finished E1 and there wasn't any sex in it at all.  Lot's of drug use, violence, and people popping into another person's thoughts but no sex.  When does this happen? 

Watching this now and finding it quite boring...

I think most people would. Just ask the question, "do you want to watch a 10 minute montage of babies being born to classical music" and you can tell if you'd want to watch this show.

The first 8 episodes are *incredibly* slow moving, since they have to introduce the 8 characters - but also the 8 cultures and situations they are in. It starts connecting better in the last few episodes.

It is "sci" in the sense that... well, shared consciousness and such is a scientific as robots. The concept of the Clusters takes a while to form.

Sense8 is, but nature, only appealing to a small segment of viewers.

I don't think I have any spoilers here but I don't normally comment on non-tech topics so smack me down if I have not down this correctly but I did want to point out to people that Sense8 might have value outside the normal paradigm of a Hollywood story with well defined beginning, middle, and end.

The show has a wow factor of genius to it that may not appeal to most people. It is slow moving if you see movement along the usual Hollywood vector. It has aspects of visual poetry and often the camera work just makes you happy that humans can create this. Subjectively to me, the various sexual orientations stay under the limit of overbearing and can be interpreted as plot mechanism to emphasize how very different the 8 connected individuals are and how the combination of differences becomes a strengh factor. The slow developemnt is annoying to an S.F. addict but I think it is intenionally designed to draw in a more general population to be comfortable with what is actually not a lot of S.F.

For example the characters show a lot of initial resistence to accepting the fact of their connection which is a way of explaining it to a non-S.F. audience. I think real people having a direct sensory real time experience would realize it very fast and humans being humans would then jump to "how can I use this?" and given the rapid development of concepts in Matrix and Jupiter this slow aproach seems to acheive little.

Usage of the visual medium might be enough to keep your attention. Works for me.

Im at episode 4. First 3 episodes are just a big advertisement for gay equality. Seriously, its like 40 mins of gay and lesbian sex, and 20 mins of actual story per episode. 

End of episode 3 is a cracker though. So far though I would rate it as 'okay'. Can definitely say the gay and lesbian story lines really take away the impact of the show.

I feel the same about Orphan Black Season 2 so far. I'm about to give up on it.

Does it matter what kind of sex it is? It is just sex in the end, used to represent and build up the back story of the main characters.

The romantic relationships are somewhat crucial later on, so it makes sense in the end.

BTW, shouldn't the topic be changed?

Usage of the visual medium might be enough to keep your attention. Works for me.

Same here. 5 episodes in, loving it so far. Very slow, but you get to see where the characters' lives are at.

Im up to episode 7 so far.

Ive still not made up my mind with this series. Each episode has 30 mins of random story that doesn't really grab my attention then the remaining which has me drawn in.

It is getting better with each episode though.

I made it to the last episode and....

I gotta say, even though it somewhat gets better towards the end, the last episode doesnt make any sense what so ever. 
This is one show I hope doesn't get renewed. 

I'm on episode 4.. and I don't get it.  Like some parts are pretty cool.. but most of it I am just lost.  I feel like it would be better if they were actually connected matrix style.  Like if they took on the skills without seeming like they are popping in and out of peoples lives just being confusing and such.  It's a cool premise.. but I feel like they missed the mark.

I also have a feeling that much of the gay/trans/etc focus is because it's done by the Wachowskis and Lana Wachowski was born in a male body and did the whole transition thing.. so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the story is based around her and what she went through.

Im up to episode 7 so far.

Ive still not made up my mind with this series. Each episode has 30 mins of random story that doesn't really grab my attention then the remaining which has me drawn in.

It is getting better with each episode though.

Episode 8 really makes it pick up. This should have happened 3 episodes back. 

They are sitting on a really good show with this but they stretched out the relationship parts. 

Like already mentioned by Firey the whole gay/trans story probably derived from the personal experience of the Wachowskis.

It just seems too stretched out and a tiny bit too much.

The cast is great.

I love the german actors .. especially Max Riemelt. He has had quite a few good movies in Germany.

All the story arcs seem generally well done and cast pretty good actors but they might have stretched it out too much.

Hope this gets a 2nd season.

It sort of reminds me of Heroes...

It's slow to build up, but it set the table, make you understand what's happening.  I don't mind it, I love some development.  It all depends on what you like to watch, like I said, I've enjoyed it.

I liked it. It was a slow start but got very good after episode 4 or 5 onwards. I didn't like the ending at all though!

It never really explained if they got away at all. Does Will have to remain unconscious now that the Whispers is in his head otherwise he'll be able to find them all? Unless he died or they put him in to a coma, they won't ever be safe. Kinda felt like a pointless cliffhanger. Do hope it gets renewed though, because it has such potential with the ideas.

It never really explained if they got away at all. Does Will have to remain unconscious now that the Whispers is in his head otherwise he'll be able to find them all? Unless he died or they put him in to a coma, they won't ever be safe. Kinda felt like a pointless cliffhanger. Do hope it gets renewed though, because it has such potential with the ideas.

I agree,

...and they never really explained why Whispers was lobotomizing the sense8's to begin with. What was he getting out of it?

I agree,

...and they never really explained why Whispers was lobotomizing the sense8's to begin with. What was he getting out of it?

The more I think about it, the more unfinished plot lines I am finding. They hardly completed any of the character's storylines except a certain few...

Will Kala marry Rajan?

What will come of Lito's career?

Will Sun be freed from prison? What will happen to Joong-Ki? Will he get away with... murder?

What happens to Jonas? Will the Whispers kill him? Will he keep him alive? What does he intend to do with him?

We learnt that Angel "gave birth" to the sensates, but why or how did she become so special? What was her connection to Jonas?

Who was Sara Patrell and why did she affect Will's life so much?

And yes, as Zathras5 said, who exactly is the Whispers (and BPO) and why are they out to get the sensates?