Gotham

It's by Warner, it will be bad. Like Smallville and Arrow.

Smallville was a bit cheesy in the beginning but it picked up, especially when they introduced other members of the Justice League. Arrow is great. If it's on par with either of those shows them I'm interested.

Fox's Gotham Casts The Penguin, Alfred, James Gordon's Fianc?e and Captain Essen

Robin Lord Taylor (Accepted, The Walking Dead) has been cast as Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin, a low-level psychopath ? toiling for a gangster named Fish (nod to Jim?) Mooney ? who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

Next, British actor Sean Pertwee (Camelot) will play Alfred Pennyworth, a tough-as-nails ex-Marine who has loyally served the wealthy Wayne family and now, in the wake of Thomas and Martha?s tragic deaths, is protective of their young son Bruce.

Now, for the women in James Gordon?s life. Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice) will play Captain Essen, his boss at the GCPD Homicide Squad. She balances the worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that?s as much corporate litigator as cop.

Erin Richards (Breaking In), meanwhile, has been cast as James? fianc?e, Barbara Kean. A sophisticated ER doctor, she stands by her future husband ? which can be difficult in a world as corrupt (batty?) as Gotham.

Next, British actor Sean Pertwee (Camelot) will play Alfred Pennyworth, a tough-as-nails ex-Marine who has loyally served the wealthy Wayne family and now, in the wake of Thomas and Martha?s tragic deaths, is protective of their young son Bruce.

I'm not that well versed in Batman's comic lore, but it appears they are basing Gotham's Alfred off of the Earth One version.

c7hTEbNOH1vY.png

Donal Logue Will Play 'Harvey Bullock'

But now FOX and WBTV have confirmed that Logue has accepted their offer and has been officially been cast as Detective Harvey Bullock. This take on the character is described as Gordon's "rough-around-the-edges partner and mentor. Plays loose with police procedure, but he gets results... and he does it with old-school, forceful panache."

• Like 2

Fox's 'Batman' prequel casts Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney

That name should leave even die-hard DC Comics fans scratching their heads. In the show, Fish is ?a sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner, she?s got the street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book. Imposing and hotheaded, she?s not one to be crossed.? Fish Mooney also the boss of a young psycho named  Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor), who eventually becomes The Penguin.

The casting marks The Matrix Reloaded and Revolution?s actress return to TV following the axing of her 2009 medical drama TNT series Hawthorne.

Sources close to the production say Fish is likely an entirely original character. But since all the other characters cast so far in Gotham have been names from the sprawling Batman canon, and since this a prequel tale, there?s always the possibility Fish will evolve into somebody more familiar. What do you think?

Possible Spoilers from Pilot Draft:

? Here's the proto-villains introduced in the pilot: A 14-year-old Catwoman, already cat-burglering and associating with cats; the Riddler, who is working for the GCPD as a coroner and who tries to present all pertinent case information as riddles; the Penguin, a mid-level thug, who as mentioned earlier is repeatedly referred to as looking like a penguin

? Additionally, Gordon and Bullock enter a run-down apartment where a little girl named Ivy lives with her ###### parents and, according to the script, a lot of houseplants. Could this perhaps be Poison Ivy? Well, in the comics, Poison Ivy's real name is Pamela Isley. Is Gotham giving us a clever feint here? Probably not.

? There's also a comedian telling jokes in gangster Fish Mooney's club, jokes straight out of Reader's Digest circa 1942. Mooney laughs hysterically, and, just in case those feelings were somehow opaque to the audiences, she tells the comedian she likes him. A lot. Repeatedly.

? Major Crimes detective Renee Montoya used to date Gordon's fianc?e, because LESBIANS. And for bonus points, Bullock even calls her a dyke. Fun!

? Alfred appears to have a crazy cockney accent, and I swear to god this is real dialogue from the script:

ALFRED: Oi! Master Bruce! Stop playing silly buggers! Get your bloody arse down off there!

? One more line for the road from Gordon's fianc?e:

BARBARA (blithely): Jim, you are the cleverest, bravest, goodest man in Gotham.

Why? Those characters have been in the comics, and most in the backstories match up including Joker being a failing comedian and Renee Montoya being a lesbian (also; a modern incarnation of The Question, an inspiration for Rorschach.)

What's really major new is Riddler starting as a coronor, Barbara Gordon Sr. having a bisexual history and Alfreds accent. I can live with those as bigger differences have been in the comics themselves.

Yeah, it all sounds pretty interesting to me! Is there any info about what year this series is set though? I think it would be nice if it has the same feeling to it as the Animated Series. And of course it has to be set in a year that's way before Arrow's events.

Why? Those characters have been in the comics, and most in the backstories match up including Joker being a failing comedian and Renee Montoya being a lesbian (also; a modern incarnation of The Question, an inspiration for Rorschach.)

What's really major new is Riddler starting as a coronor, Barbara Gordon Sr. having a bisexual history and Alfreds accent. I can live with those as bigger differences have been in the comics themselves.

Oh, I forgot, I apologize, just because something is a comic adaptation it automatically makes it good, right? Not like the majority of comic book adaptations have ranged from godawful to mediocre, with a very few standing out. Not to mention TV adaptations which have been abhorrent without exception. Why is it good? Can you give me a better reason than "it's been in a comic?"

I already talked about the reasons I think this is a very bad, and more importantly unexciting idea on the first page because I don't think it will be suspenseful or interesting. I mean, 14 year old Catwoman? Entire Rappy's post sounds like a list of worst ideas ever, and it's not like Jada Pinkett Smith is any guarantee of quality either.

Smallville was a bit cheesy in the beginning but it picked up, especially when they introduced other members of the Justice League. Arrow is great. If it's on par with either of those shows them I'm interested.

LOL I thought Smallville was pretty solid, albeit a bit exaggerated, at the beginning and become more and more unbearably cheesy as it went on.  I'll reserve judgement on Arrow as I haven't watched it yet, though I've heard it's good.

Arrow has some of the worst acting and dialogues I've ever seen. I don't follow the show so I can't tell if they've improved, I couldn't stomach a single episode.

Arrow has some of the worst acting and dialogues I've ever seen. I don't follow the show so I can't tell if they've improved, I couldn't stomach a single episode.

troll.jpg

You know I'm right :p

The best thing I've heard about  Arrow from people whose opinion I have faith in and who watched more than an episode is that it's good enough to get stoned and watch because it's so dumb, and one of them still vehemently attacked it.

But, I'll take a step back, and won't talk any more crap about Gotham until it comes out and proves me right, which it definitely will.

But, I'll take a step back, and won't talk any more crap about Gotham until it comes out and proves me right, which it definitely will.

Noted. I hope it's going to backfire on you, haha :p I think Arrow is pretty awesome though. The acting isn't movie quality, but it fits with what they're going for.

Noted. I hope it's going to backfire on you, haha :p I think Arrow is pretty awesome though. The acting isn't movie quality, but it fits with what they're going for.

Well, this is the awesome thing about being cynical about a comic book movie/tv-show, if I'm proven wrong, we get something good for a change :p

Well, this is the awesome thing about being cynical about a comic book movie/tv-show, if I'm proven wrong, we get something good for a change :p

That is true, haha :p

lraaou.png

tznbfa.png

mefkta.png

They both look the part in my opinion.