Microsoft Store starts processing Xbox One Shipments

Looks like the Xbox One trucks are getting ready to head out :D.

I just got my shipping confirmation with UPS tracking number from the Microsoft Store for my Day One edition... Gotta order all my games and accessories now, haha

• Like 2

I doubt anyone will get it shipped to their address until Thursday. They'll ship them out to a holding warehouse for the day of release because the delivery companies wont be able to cope with the large order.

I doubt anyone will get it shipped to their address until Thursday. They'll ship them out to a holding warehouse for the day of release because the delivery companies wont be able to cope with the large order.

UPS/FedEx handle millions of packages per day, they can handle it.. nothing is going to be moved to a "holding warehouse" then picked up again for delivery, logistically that is a nightmare. It would mess up their whole process.

Likely what they are doing is shipping batches of orders each day up to launch to deal with the volume. With furthest deliveries from the shipment origin as possible, then closer as the launch date approaches.. most will receive them on the day before or day of release.

Nah, I doubt they'll ship them for holdings somewhere else. My guess is MS is just arranging shipment, since its the weekend they probably won't actually start moving until Monday. Just in time for a Friday delivery (maybe earlier if they feel like giving everyone a nice surprise)

You really don't have an understanding of how the courier industry works do you?  That would actually break them by holding packages.

lol @ people quoting me. I'm stating what I've been told by the company who I've pre-ordered through. Maybe the UK does things differently? Because after all, we do have next day delivery service almost anywhere on mainland UK, unlike your huge country.

It also seems a little odd how MS are breaking their own release date by shipping early while they're telling other companies strictly not to ship until Thursday (again, in the UK).

You really don't have an understanding of how the courier industry works do you?  That would actually break them by holding packages.

Oh please tell me more...

lol @ people quoting me. I'm stating what I've been told by the company who I've pre-ordered through. Maybe the UK does things differently? Because after all, we do have next day delivery service almost anywhere on mainland UK, unlike your huge country.

It also seems a little odd how MS are breaking their own release date by shipping early while they're telling other companies strictly not to ship until Thursday (again, in the UK).

Oh please tell me more...

Haha, you seem quite impressed at your couriers making an overnight delivery in an area roughly the size of Oregon... Good for them!

Now consider the hundreds of thousands of overnight deliveries UPS, FedEx (and yes, even USPS with their many horrible, unfriendly post offices) make all over the US every day, many shipped from states that don't even share a border with their destination... Makes those overnight deliveries in your tiny country seem like a piece of cake if you ask me.

In the UK though I don't even see why they would have to hold them at a carrier facility, seems the retailers would hold them at their nearest distribution facility?

• Like 1

My UPS tracking number just went live. It says the shipping label was created on Nov 16th. The type of service is Worldwide Saver, which has a 1-3 business day time to Canada. Maybe I'll get it a day early.

• Like 2

Well I'll have Assassin's Creed today from Amazon, my Play and Charge kit shipped from the Microsoft online store, my day one console hasn't shipped yet from Microsoft but has been charged the same day as my Play and Charge Kit, and Dead Rising 3 Day One I assume will ship Thursday from Amazon.  Getting fairly excited.

Uber excited now that the shipping confirmation arrived this morning, alongside shipping of Forza and FIFA 2014. However, I did not get a confirmation for Kinect Rivals.

Kinect Rivals launch got delayed if I'm not mistaken.

Kinect Rivals launch got delayed if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, I see. No matter, Forza and FIFA will hold me over nicely for the time being. Plus I still got the 360's Kinect Sports game to hold me over, so no biggie.

Haha, you seem quite impressed at your couriers making an overnight delivery in an area roughly the size of Oregon... Good for them!

Now consider the hundreds of thousands of overnight deliveries UPS, FedEx (and yes, even USPS with their many horrible, unfriendly post offices) make all over the US every day, many shipped from states that don't even share a border with their destination... Makes those overnight deliveries in your tiny country seem like a piece of cake if you ask me.

In the UK though I don't even see why they would have to hold them at a carrier facility, seems the retailers would hold them at their nearest distribution facility?

UPS UK....

• Business raises shipping document with UPS
  • UPS collect item
  • UPS take item to nearest UPS warehouse
  • UPS ships item to nearest UPS warehouse to delivery address
  • UPS ships from warehouse on day of delivery to address

That's how it works.

Ah, I see. No matter, Forza and FIFA will hold me over nicely for the time being. Plus I still got the 360's Kinect Sports game to hold me over, so no biggie.

theres a "demo" though, Kinect sports rivals preseason. basically the wave racing game part of the full game for free at launch.

Been charged for both, but still no movement on dispatch for either console order. I'll be very aggrieved if nothing arrives tomorrow