Why do all MS first party games have microtransactions?

Welcome to modern gaming.  It's the reason lots of people like myself have taken up other hobbies.  I got tired of dropping $60 for a game and then being immediately asked for more money to unlock certain features of the game.  I still play some games from time to time, but not like I used to.  In my mind, when I pay $60+ for a game, I want the whole game, not just bits and pieces.  When millions of people are buying a game at $60+ apiece they make their money back pretty quick, so there's no excuse for pay-walling off parts of a game (unless it's actually new content like map packs that were developed after the initial release of the game).

I wonder if game developers will eventually start charging money for bug fixes.  They'd strike it rich by charging for required updates to games like Call of Duty, even if the update didn't actually do anything except update the version number.

Well, you can always buy Nintendo games.  :D

Actually I'd love an HD original Donkey Kong (Use Mame) and some other arcade remakes. I'd love to see XBLA games like Shadow Complex\Lode Runner\Geometry Wars on Windows 8. No content to turn into DLC, just $5-10. Looking forward to Abe's Odyssey: New & Tasty on PC. 2.5D looks gorgeous.

I hope the microtransaction culture dies in a horrible fire. Charging for actual GOOD DLC like extra level packs and things that add actual value is fine. But this whole having the initial game crippled and having to actually micro-buy the rest of it or pay-to-not-wait/pay-to-win simply sucks. I refuse to put money into such schemes :\