GDR3 for Lumia 620 - being rolled out yet?

Depends upon country and carrier...

Not in Pakistan yet..

I meant the general rollout. I thought Nokia decides this? Meaning once the general rollout starts, carriers/countries determine when a given user actually gets it.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

I meant the general rollout. I thought Nokia decides this? Meaning once the general rollout starts, carriers/countries determine when a given user actually gets it.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

I don't know about this but 512 MB ones will get it in last for sure. Since Black firmware needs to be more tailored for them. Lets see.. Anxiously waiting for L520 rollout.

It'll happen, when Nokia pushes out the black update then you will also get GDR3 if you haven't yet. Either way we know WP8.1 is coming out soon so if you're a bit behind you'll get all the updates in one go with 8.1. It sucks to wait but with carries that's how it goes, I hope with MS taking over they could maybe work things out with them to speed the process up.

In UK:

Product Description Latest version Lumia Amber update Lumia Black update

Lumia 620 Country variant 3046.0000.1329.2004 Available Waiting for approval

I'm not actually with the official carrier (I got my phone factory unlocked), so I'm not sure how to use that link.

if it's actually unbranded then It's where your phone was made for then. In the extras+info under Manufacture's Name it should tell you which region your phone is for. You'd check the Country Variant of that region. Should be where you bought your phone from.

if it's actually unbranded then It's where your phone was made for then. In the extras+info under Manufacture's Name it should tell you which region your phone is for. You'd check the Country Variant of that region. Should be where you bought your phone from.

Hong Kong, which makes sense given it always has Chinese after a reset.

Indonesia? Hmmm.... my Lumia 620 sure has wandered far from home. Long way from Louisiana.

So once it says "Available", it should be to my phone as well, right? Or can there be further delays?

that's been my experience, yes. check for updates once it changes to available.

You can set up an automatic notification with https://www.followthatpage.com/ to monitor the page with the update statuses and email you when it changes. You can use the block and line filters to narrow it down to only the one you care about.

that's been my experience, yes. check for updates once it changes to available.

You can set up an automatic notification with https://www.followthatpage.com/ to monitor the page with the update statuses and email you when it changes. You can use the block and line filters to narrow it down to only the one you care about.

Okay, thanks.

Funny thing is the real reason I want this update is simply to stop this auto-rotation. It's the single most annoying thing about WP8, and a huge oversight.

Internet Explorer is really slow too, but that I can live with.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I'm asking why.

Aren't the phones of a given model all the same, regardless of where they are manufactured? Aside from default languages and such I mean.

I missed the word "why" first time around. blush.png

regulatory rules are different, and they might well use different chips for different locales, they definitely do produce at least two versions, one for GSM and one for the US networks. If they want to support the new AWS1700, etc. bands that's a different chip in addition/instead of (?) as well. and i'm sure sometimes they just decide to screw a particular region for no particular reason and it'll just say "waiting approval" to us.

Still waiting on it.

Is it normal for the budget phones to get updates slower?

Don't know but it's still rolling out to other phones on other carriers from what I've seen. All you can do is wait, at the least you'll get WP8.1.

yes, but in this case the 520 has had it for weeks.

I'm basically picturing this moderately overweight, smarmy asian nerd/executive in Hong Kong, wearing glasses, sitting in his corner office decked out with nerdy posters, memorabilia, empty pizza boxes, soda, and programming books, as he browses Reddit and plays emulator games while he takes his sweet time to "approve" the 620 rollout, knowing full-well it's good to go and has been for weeks. And he's doing this all to annoy me.

This is why:

F7NmBDR.gif

Complain to your carriers support? Don't know what else you can do other than wait. This is why I bought my htc 8X unlocked though it costs more up front I can do whatever I want with it and I'm not stuck behind a carrier. Though this also means i'm not going to be getting a new phone anytime soon. As long as it works and I can keep updating it i'll be happy.

Complain to your carriers support? Don't know what else you can do other than wait. This is why I bought my htc 8X unlocked though it costs more up front I can do whatever I want with it and I'm not stuck behind a carrier. Though this also means i'm not going to be getting a new phone anytime soon. As long as it works and I can keep updating it i'll be happy.

There's no carrier. It's an unbranded model (as indicated by "Country variant") from retail. Can only wait.