Xbox One Update: February 2014

^ even from camera you can see the improvements (Y)

Yeah and currently I am using a Acer 3D Vision monitor for my xbox one so not sure if thats better or worse. The colours are slightly off due to the camera and light in the room but its more to highlight the detail. I was aware of the roap issue before but it has been a while so I just cant be 100% its this patch rather than a ubi one although it seems likely its this :)

I just did the Kinect gestures tutorial and recalibrated again, I actually didnt realise you could go back to home by crunch in the sides etc.

Got the update but I don't see the battery level. Unless I missed it somewhere.

Hit the xbox icon on the controller then it should be in the bottom right corner next to the time.

The mention of NAT detection interests me, the Xbone is designed to basically ignore NATs, so if they're running into issues still there must be some badly implemented ones out there.

Alright well I got the update and have been trying to check out the changes.  The most obvious change is the addition of storage management. 

When you go into the 'Games and Apps' section from the dash, you are greeted with a new layout.  On the far left is a column that lists menu options 'Games' , 'Apps', and 'Queued' that you can use to sort the list of tiles that go across to the right.  Below that is a graphic showing the total amount of space available and the amount being used in total.  Now when you go over to the tiles, you get further sorting options including the usual stuff like alphabetical and by install date, but now you also get a choice to sort by size. 

Also, there is a new system wide menu option that you can access when you select any game or app tile and then click the menu button.  It is called 'manage'  and it takes you to a detailed page for the app or game, breaking down the storage space it takes up, the space any related dlc takes up, and options to remove them or just your save data tied to them. 

I think the storage control is good and is certainly enough info to manage it, but I would like to see them maybe add a number sitting over each tile when you sort them by size, so I can see, at a glance, exactly how much space each item takes up without having to click manage to do it.  If not a number on each tile, then maybe they could add another graphic to the left side that shows the amount of space an item takes up when I hover over a tile, changing as I move across. 

I also think that they should add some sort of storage management section within settings.  Something that can be simpler, just text with some charts maybe.  The main reason I want this is to manage things that are not games or apps, such as media on external storage (when that support is added), or managing game dvr recordings.  I was dissappointed to see that there is still no way to see how much space your videos are taking up in total or individually.  The simplest thing they could do is just emulate what they added to the 'games and apps' section.  Just put the info on the far left side, there is space for it under the current options there.  While they are at it, they still need to add sorting options to the game recordings list, again, just add what you added to the other section.

I havent noticed any performance or stability changes, but then, I might not until I have used the console for a while.  The battery indicater is great though.  Such a simple thing, but really improves the experience.

They say they changed the UI to improve accessing friends, achievements, etc, but I dont see any change at all.  It all looks unchanged, so unless I'm missing something, it has not be updated.

Keyboard support is improved now.  You no longer have to restart the console to use one, PnP is in full affect. Of course to use it, each app or game must has proper support, so you can't just use it everywhere unfortunately.  Some apps seem to allow the basic keyboard functions to work, others not at all. The system ui itself supports the basic functions of the keyboard and you can get around, but I hope MS takes the oppurtunity to go ahead and add more usable keys.  For instance, the windows key could always take you back to the dashboard.  The media controls could be mapped to various standard keys as well. I know this wont be a high priority a tall, and I'm fine with that, but its something to consider. Oh and throw in mouse support while your at it.

They say they changed the UI to improve accessing friends, achievements, etc, but I dont see any change at all.  It all looks unchanged, so unless I'm missing something, it has not be updated.

I could be wrong, but think those updates are coming in March actually.

I have not gotten it yet so I am trying the do some stuff with Instant On enabled, turn it off, and wait for update. Nothing yet.

I could be wrong, but think those updates are coming in March actually.

I have not gotten it yet so I am trying the do some stuff with Instant On enabled, turn it off, and wait for update. Nothing yet.

I thought so too, but look at MS' official update details:

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

It clearly says improvements/changes were made.

I thought so too, but look at MS' official update details:

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

It clearly says improvements/changes were made.

So it does. I think someone pasted the wrong bullet point in the wrong release number. And I personally have not even seen the update yet, but I am very confident all the real improvements and changes to those aspects were not in this release based on what they have said in the past week or so. 

That ###### don't work, I tried it multiple times, no update yet. Just going to wait til it pushes..

Yeah and currently I am using a Acer 3D Vision monitor for my xbox one so not sure if thats better or worse. The colours are slightly off due to the camera and light in the room but its more to highlight the detail. I was aware of the roap issue before but it has been a while so I just cant be 100% its this patch rather than a ubi one although it seems likely its this :)

I just did the Kinect gestures tutorial and recalibrated again, I actually didnt realise you could go back to home by crunch in the sides etc.

Hit the xbox icon on the controller then it should be in the bottom right corner next to the time.

Depending on when you last played AC4, there has been a title update recently, I launched at AC4 yesterday to get greeted with a 2.3GB update or so.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/827736-Title-Update-4-Multiplayer-Patch-notes?s=2d982acfcd209241c348b704c6949f62

Does the update add proper 50 Hz support?

Thanks.

I don't think this one does but I remember hearing that the March update will fix "judder" issues, so next month.

I don't think this one does but I remember hearing that the March update will fix "judder" issues, so next month.

Thanks George.

You don't happen to remember where you got that information from?

Thanks George.

You don't happen to remember where you got that information from?

Tom Warren had a twitter post saying as much from what I remember. In general the March update will be bigger, though they've only talked about a few things in it so far.

how do we get the update?

I unplugged the xbox one, plugged back in, started up,never asked for an updated. Looked in settings, and its running the old version, not the latest update

how do we get the update?

I unplugged the xbox one, plugged back in, started up,never asked for an updated. Looked in settings, and its running the old version, not the latest update

I just turned mine off for an hour or so, when I came back, turned on, update installed,

Finally got the update just now, first thing I checked was if the Resume games quickly option is still considered Beta. It is. Remaining disabled for now.