Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight is Back on Track

1401218502.jpg

Plans for Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight, are back on track, according to a story today at Showbiz 411. They report that the Django Unchained helmer is currently working on a rewrite of the western and has plans to put it before cameras this November with the same cast from the screenplay's recent live-reading. That's Zoe Bell, Bruce Dern, Walton Goggins, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Madsen, James Remar, Kurt Russell and Amber Tamblyn.

Although confirmation of the involvement of the above talent is still likely some time off, it appears that Christoph Waltz (who was rumored in January to have had a part written specifically for him) will not be appearing. He won Academy Awards for his performances in both Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained.

Production is said to be planned for Wyoming, so check back for further details on The Hateful Eight as they become available.

Source

It was all a work. Nice move, Tarantino. Now get this movie shot! :drool: :drool: :drool:

• 2 months later...

Yeah looks like Empire

I mean it's a bit odd ain't it? Debuting a poster in a magazine instead of online?

I mean it's a bit odd ain't it? Debuting a poster in a magazine instead of online?

Well it looks like the magazine is CGI haha so I would assume its debuted online but will also be in the magazine when its released

Wasn't impressed with Django unchained. I don't think I'll be watching it.

You're going to ignore one movie because of a completely unrelated movie?

I didn't exactly care for Django either, but I won't write off QT just for that one film. Honestly, there was no way he was going to live up to the pure awesomeness of Inglourious Basterds to begin with. That film was a masterpiece, so expectations were already REALLY high going into Django and it just didn't work as well as I had hoped.

I expect The Hateful Eight to be better because my expectations are a bit lower, more grounded if you will.

• Like 1

You're going to ignore one movie because of a completely unrelated movie?

I only say that because it's a western, and Django was kind-of a western as well. Perhaps the genre is the problem. I'm not sure.

I didn't exactly care for Django either, but I won't write off QT just for that one film. Honestly, there was no way he was going to live up to the pure awesomeness of Inglourious Basterds to begin with. That film was a masterpiece, so expectations were already REALLY high going into Django and it just didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Maybe that's it as well. Inglorious Basterds was a really fun movie.

I expect The Hateful Eight to be better because my expectations are a bit lower, more grounded if you will.

I'll take a look at the reviews first, then decide.

I only say that because it's a western, and Django was kind-of a western as well. Perhaps the genre is the problem. I'm not sure.

Maybe that's it as well. Inglorious Basterds was a really fun movie.

I'll take a look at the reviews first, then decide.

I imagine part of my problem was it being a western too, but by the same token, I don't really care for war movies and absolutely loved Basterds.

What I really find interesting is that QT is rewriting major portions of the film due to the leaked copy online. I know he's a great writer, but I am very curious how that will change the quality of the story. When I hear major rewrite, I tend to think either the original story was laking or the new still will be. Clearly he was happy with his first story, so that does concern me.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Django, I actually think it's one of his best three movies, maybe even top 2. Really looking forward to this.

• Like 2

How can they have a trailer for a movie that won't even start filming until January?

It has to be a teaser that definitely won't be showing any actual film footage.

Ha... ha... ha...     with all the work Tarantino did... you call Inglorious Bastards the pure awesomeness...

in my humble opinion it was a boring movie wasting the talents of the superstars that agreed to film in it.

there was no spark of genius and no intensity, i came to expect form QT films....    just mediocrity and wasted talent.

the only good act was the German guy -  the one we were supposed to root against. IRONIC.

seriously. this exactly show how much people taste differ.  IB were one of the most useless and boring films QT did. Django was good that it restored my faith in QT!  

still the best movies are the first ones:

Reservoir Dogs     

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

• Like 2

Exclusive: Jennifer Lawrence in Talks to Join Quentin Tarantino?s "The Hateful Eight"

We can say that Lawrence is in talks to join the film, and this is not a ?wish-list? thing where she?s one of many actresses being considered for a role.

Lawrence?s entrance into the casting process is interesting for a couple reasons. First, as we learned from the trailer, presumably only one of the ?Hateful Eight? is a female: Daisy Domergue, ?The Prisoner?. Amber Tamblyn and Zoe Bell read the roles of Daisy and Six Horse Judy, respectively, during the live-read of the script, but the official cast for the film has yet to be announced. Tarantino did further work on the screenplay after the live-read, so it?s possible that Lawrence is playing one of the two aforementioned roles or someone else entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

The Weinstein Company announced today that they are once again joining forces with the Academy Award-winning writer/director Quentin Tarantino on his much anticipated feature, The Hateful Eight.

The Hateful Eight will be shot on 65mm film and have the widest 70mm film release in over twenty years. This unique distribution plan will also feature 35mm and DCP formats following the initial and exclusive 70mm release.

Principal photography will begin in January with a domestic release slated for the fall of 2015. Richard Gladstein, Stacey Sher and Shannon McIntosh will produce the film and the executive producers are Bob and Harvey Weinstein along with G. Mac Brown.The Hateful Eight marks a continuation of the long-standing relationship between the celebrated filmmaker and the Weinsteins, who have collaborated on all of Tarantino's films, from Reservoir Dogs through Django Unchained.

Commented Bob and Harvey Weinstein, TWC Co-Chairmen: "We are incredibly excited to begin production on 'The Hateful Eight,' as we know this picture will be as innovative, brash and of course fun as all Quentin projects prior. There is, quite simply, no other filmmaker like him, and we are as proud as ever to continue this partnership that started over twenty years ago."

• 3 weeks later...