Can the neighbors use the driveway as a parking spot?

I called my local police department.  They said to call them when the vehicles are parked there and he'll send a officer to put a summons on the car and they'll have it towed.

It's a motor vehicle violation to park a car in front of a driveway.  Call the police to have them ticket and/or tow the car away.  They will get the picture real quick when they have to pay the exorbitant high towing fees in NYC

It depends on if the road is a semi-quasi public road, or private road. If it is private, it is not in violation.

I don't understand the problem. If they are not blocking your driveway then what business is it of yours to dictate where they park. Why can they not park in their own driveway? I thought that is what they are for. If your neighbor wants to park in the driveway or in their garage why is there a law dictating that or otherwise? In the west US we can park in the street(when lawful) or in our garages. We can even park in our driveway if we care to or have to.  I have not been blocked in my own driveway where I live currently. If that is what is happening to you then I see why you are mad. If the hood is getting too many cars it might be time to look for a new place with a wider street. 

They can't use the driveway as their driveway?  That makes no sense at all.

They can't use the driveway as their driveway?  That makes no sense at all.

My old landlord wouldn't let me park in the driveway either... my old car car leaked a ton of oil and was staining the driveway.