Xbox One and PS4 outperformed by 5 year old GPU.

You kind of disregard the fact that these companies buy parts in large amounts, and most are custom-built in order to suit their needs (one of those needs being removing the cost of everything that is not used by the console). If the same component costs $100 for the average user, it certainly doesn't cost MS $100.

Err, nowhere was he talking about what PC GPUs would cost MS.  I can give you that number - $0!

I'm with them...comparing a single part that does not stand on its own to an entire system is like comparing apples to iguanas.  I'm sure you can...but why?

Don't forget that the consoles where physically finished ad in production over a year ago. before that design and all that was down for months if not a year before that and they where in talks with factories about production and retooling, test runs to make sure they make the parts properly and assemble the parts properly. this is actually a process that takes months and months, and from the day you first start negotiating with a factory you're talking 1-2 years. 

when you build a gaming PC you can go to the store and pick ad match the latest and greatest hardware today. hen you make a gaming console, after you're done picking parts and designing custom hardware you're already at least a year behind, most likely two 

Aaaaand PC has DotA, StarCraft 2, Hearthstone and a billion other, you know, actual GAMES and not interactive movies.

Look, as someone with GTX Titans, I know there are a lot of great PC games out there. Please come up with a better title than Hearthstone when demonstrating the PC as a good gaming platform!

You kind of disregard the fact that these companies buy parts in large amounts, and most are custom-built in order to suit their needs (one of those needs being removing the cost of everything that is not used by the console). If the same component costs $100 for the average user, it certainly doesn't cost MS $100.

That might very well be true, but this test on on top of being disingenuous does not provide us with information on what test-bed was used. For all we know they might have used a i7-4960X and 16GB of performance ram. Not exactly a fair a comparision.

But at the end of the day, what we know is that the PS4's GPU/APU is a modified HD 7850. That GPU is better than the GTX 480.  Here is a straight comparison between the two on the PC:

High_02.png

Is it fair to compare a laptop GPU to a desktop GPU?  Nope.  It's pretty obvious why.

You cannot compare the console gpu to a laptop gpu either. The laptop is far tinier than the console