Special Edition Armed Forces Xbox One Controller And Stereo Headset Coming Soon

Electrics and electronics basically have no markups today, thanks to internet and big chains. You either make a few percent or lose.

These are rrp prices though. And I don't think 10 over regular price for a limited run custom controller is bad. I mean it costs a lot more for limited runs, even with just a small change like this, and they're supposed to make more on them and they're supposed to be exclusive and 10 is nothing.

As for the headset. I dunno, if its a decent headset its not a bad price. I'm just wondering, does the XO controller supply full game audio? Since that is a huge headset for just voice, and it closed over ear so it would block out speaker sound...

Yes you can get full audio from the controller, but just like with DS4 it sounds flat and position-less to me. This looks like a really nice headset for gaming, but seriously, for $20 you can get a perfectly decent Philips headset, add $3 for a 3.5mm extension cord, and you have yourself an excellent solution. I get it that these are MS branded and it's fine to pay for feel, but $50 would have been fair. Guess you're right though, in the grander scheme of things these are not problems, and many retailers will discount them anyway.

I couldn't get very good headphone sound when I used my receivers headphone jack anyway. Had to set the Xbox to output stereo as well or the damn Yamaha would just give me left and right, which didn't work very well? Even then the forza 5 audio was flat and terrible in the otherwise excellent and far more expensive headphones. Could be because forza itself only lets you chose TV or home theater audio??. :/  granted I didn't try the TV mode as it wasn't TV ...