snip

You guys need to take that discussion to the thread designated for that topic.

This thread is about Titanfall 2.

Back on topic: I hope Titanfall 2 has a really good single player campaign. I always like to play through a single player campaign to get invested in the story and master some of the gameplay mechanics before jumping into multiplayer.

You guys need to take that discussion to the thread designated for that topic.

This thread is about Titanfall 2.

Back on topic: I hope Titanfall 2 has a really good single player campaign. I always like to play through a single player campaign to get invested in the story and master some of the gameplay mechanics before jumping into multiplayer.

Couldn't have said it better myself (Y)

Topic cleaned

Has the thread you started or participated in been moved or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Under no circumstances start threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned.

Same goes for posts (Y) And

• 1 year later...

I absolutely loved the original Titanfall, it was a good that was often under-rated, in my opinion. Looking forward to Titanfall 2.

10 hours ago, Jack W said:

I absolutely loved the original Titanfall, it was a good that was often under-rated, in my opinion. Looking forward to Titanfall 2.

I still have a blast every time I load it up, even though I don't usually.  Too bad, really.

Good to them adding a SP campaign, but I hope that it's not just being shovelled in. I enjoyed the first game. Looking forward to the full reveal tonight

Looks good, but not gonna hold my breath. I don't have a lot of faith in AAA game releases these days, and I'd rather not get my hopes up on it.

Hopefully, they're paying attention to some of the great singleplayer games that have come out though.

19 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

Looks good, but not gonna hold my breath. I don't have a lot of faith in AAA game releases these days, and I'd rather not get my hopes up on it.

Hopefully, they're paying attention to some of the great singleplayer games that have come out though.

Let's be honest, TF won't really be about the SP. If you're expecting UC4, you're going to be disappointed. What you're likely to get is something like the CoD or BF series. 

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Good to them adding a SP campaign, but I hope that it's not just being shovelled in. I enjoyed the first game. Looking forward to the full reveal tonight

Titanfall was always supposed to have a SP, but it wasn't completed when West and Zampella fell out. West left the company (long) before the game was completed / launched, and seemingly the SP was abandoned.

Similar story with Destiny when Joseph Staten left Bungie.

Direct trailer link:

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Titanfall was always supposed to have a SP, but it wasn't completed when West and Zampella fell out. West left the company (long) before the game was completed / launched, and seemingly the SP was abandoned.

Similar story with Destiny when Joseph Staten left Bungie.

Direct trailer link:

That looks generic and underwhelming.

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think that it became like that with the first. They eventually made all maps and DLC free. Let's just hope they don't double the launch price. ;) Hopefully it'll mean that it'll keep the game alive longer and players more interested. Now let's hear some news on some cool weapons.

It will be interesting to see what they eventually monetise. The article says there are plans for paid content, but no indication as to what it could be.

I found this engadget article about the cloud interesting:

'Titanfall 2' doesn't ditch Microsoft's cloud; it builds on it

Here's a quote:

Respawn founder and CEO Vince Zampella -- you may know him as a co-creator of Call of Duty -- says that the multi-platform approach gives the team much more flexibility.

"Obviously the partnership with Microsoft was fantastic for us, but now as we're expanding out, the more flexibility we have, the better service we can offer the players," he says. "Being on Azure and Google and Amazon, it's just added benefit."

I knew cloud computing would be viable on non-MS platforms and even MS's cloud would be usable by other platforms but I never suspected that a single game would launch with multiple back-ends for different cloud computing platforms... WOW.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2016 at 0:16 PM, Asmodai said:

I found this engadget article about the cloud interesting:

'Titanfall 2' doesn't ditch Microsoft's cloud; it builds on it

Here's a quote:

I knew cloud computing would be viable on non-MS platforms and even MS's cloud would be usable by other platforms but I never suspected that a single game would launch with multiple back-ends for different cloud computing platforms... WOW.

Actually, that makes sense, because it paves the way for server fusion/consolidation as platform differences shrink (if not outright go away).  Look at DC Universe Online - the ONLY separate servers are for XBOX ONE and Test; it applies to - literally - no other platform.  The US single server is, in fact, the former USPS server (and it's not based on Azure).  It's crossdecked to Steam in addition to PSN - the crossdecking to Steam was from back when Daybreak was SOE (and predated Titanfall by over a year).  If there are no (or very few) actual game client differences between platforms, why have separate back-ends?  It saves aggro (for gamers) saves money (for those leasing server time) and it even saves money and aggro for those operating the servers - at worst, you would have geo-location issues with servers - as opposed to platform-specific issues atop of that.

The original Titanfall has four servers covering the United States - two for each half of the nation.  Titanfall 2 may be able to make do with just one for the entirety of the US - despite at least three different platforms (remember, we have NOT heard about macOS/OS X yet).  SimCity 2013 has a server per continent - not per platform per continent (and it's not Azure-based either).  If a traditional client/server platform architecture can handle miniscule client differences (which both EA and Daybreak prove every danged day), why couldn't a cloud back-end server do the same?

And it won't be JUST Azure, either - both Google and Amazon EC2 join the party as well.  (Prepare for Titanfall - from your phone, tablet, or Kindle? No - I'm not kidding, nor am I laughing; that won't be a first for EA, either.)

The same interview also explains the multiplayer technical test - and why it exists - they refer specifically to the issue that happened in the MTT for the original Titanfall (where the European servers literally bogged down and they tried to shed some of the load west to the US East servers - which nearly bogged THEM down as well).  They are aiming MUCH bigger with this MTT.

I'm actually hoping that EA/Respawn pulls that off.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get a chance to play this the past two weekends, believe they had open beta. 

I was gutted that I missed it the chance to play it, loved the first and wanted to have play around before committing to buy. 

I played the beta for a bit, and it was fun I guess.

what seemed to be the most common reaction. They killed everythign that was good about TF1, and that they fixed in TF1 from CoD and made it like CoD again. so the general consensur was, go buy and play TF1 and forget about this.  and a lot of people did. TF1 had a good surge from the TF2 beta and people who would rather play it , which didn't continually reward the best players, and actually had titans in play, rather than Titans of Duty: killstreak rewards. 

26 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I played the beta for a bit, and it was fun I guess.

what seemed to be the most common reaction. They killed everythign that was good about TF1, and that they fixed in TF1 from CoD and made it like CoD again. so the general consensur was, go buy and play TF1 and forget about this.  and a lot of people did. TF1 had a good surge from the TF2 beta and people who would rather play it , which didn't continually reward the best players, and actually had titans in play, rather than Titans of Duty: killstreak rewards. 

That doesn't sound good :( It's a shame. For me, they didn't really have to make many changes to TF1. I wasn't too keen on a "proper" SP campaign. The MP was more or less there after the numerous patches. They just need to keep the content and add more.

Need to dig around and see if they'll run another beta before launch. Would love to get hands on.

Tbh, even without the bad feedback the game received during the beta, it's going up against CoD (+MW remake) and BF1. Not a wise decision. I reckon the MP will be dead very quickly.

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Tbh, even without the bad feedback the game received during the beta, it's going up against CoD (+MW remake) and BF1. Not a wise decision. I reckon the MP will be dead very quickly.

Well maybe not if they had stuck to the original formula. remember that the only reason the new CoD is selling is because it's the only way to get the remade MW. whichi is what everyone wanted. TF1 was essentially a remake of MW itself in a different universe and in the future. btu the same basic gameplay without all the stupid streak bonuses and crap. 

Now people are getting an actual MW remake and they're changing TF2 into what they promised TF wasn't going to be when they made respawn and adding in killstreak bonuses and more cool stuff for the already best players so they can be even better. If TF2 tanks, it's entirely their own fault for not living up to their promises and not giving peopel what they wanted. 

Can we stop calling it TF2, we already have one of those and it's not anywhere as universal as TiFa 2 wishes it was :p

As far as the changes go, TiFa 1 was always CoD with mechs IMO. Not surprised the studio who created the CoD formula are doing the same to TiFa 2.

Context, in this context TF2 is obviously Titanfall 2. if I wasn't in a titanfall thread I'd call it somethign else, here I'll call it TF2 because it's easy and you all know what it is. ;)

Also TF1 wasn COD "like" yes. but it was the part of CoD people liked, fast action, smooth action, accurate and all that. buyt it dropped the kill streaks and other lame bonuses that was given to the best players to give the further bonuses and make them stronger. that was also their mission satement when they made respawn and announced TF1.