DuckTales Is Coming Back

Everything old is new again, including DuckTales! Disney is bringing back the beloved cartoon starring Scoorge McDuck and his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck with a new series as part of Disney XD.

"DuckTales has a special place in Disney's TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks' comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults," Marc Buhaj, senior vice president of programming and the general manager of Disney XD, said in a statement. "Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation."

Other beloved DuckTales characters returning to the fold for new adventures include Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuak, Flinheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys, Mrs. Beakely and Webbigail Vanderquack. Enough duck puns for you?

You can refresh your memory with the original series on WATCH Disney Channel app.

The original DuckTales ran from 1987-1990 and lasted 100 episodes. The new DuckTales will launch in 2017.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/629320/ducktales-is-coming-back-yes-ducktales

In the season premier, Scoorge must recover from serious spinal injury after attempting to go swimming in his Bit Coin vault, and Launchpad seeks legal advice after discovering Apple included a feature in OS X using his name.

• Like 3

No, god no, no!

Actually, I've lamented for a while now that kids these days missed out on some great cartoons of that age...but they could just re-show them instead of trying to give them "new adventures" cos we all know they'll be a ###### poor shadow of the original.

race cars, lasers, aeroplanes yo

No, thank you. I loved watching them during my childhood, but the return will still be targeted at kids and I'm all grown up (well, mostly). If it's not 3D, old style comics-like and in HD, I would probably watch though if the script stays true to old style narrative.

I wonder if Scrooge has now retired and is doing philanthropy with someone else running the show for him. And Flintheart Glomgold died of cancer but leaves behind a great legacy and the biggest fruit company in the world. :p

DuckTales is set in the past, there shouldn't be any 'future' technology like iPhones etc. Hate to break it, but Scrooge died in 1967:

1349452220-0.jpg

I love DuckTales, I'm keeping an open mind, going to watch it before I judge it. If it sucks, I've still got the original series to watch with my son when he's old enough. (3-5 years old)

I wonder if Scrooge has now retired and is doing philanthropy with someone else running the show for him.

More likely he's formed an elite cabal with the Koch brothers to undermine the rights and opportunities of the poor.

• Like 1

More likely he's formed an elite cabal with the Koch brothers to undermine the rights and opportunities of the poor.

Why am I not surprised at this response?

• Like 2

DuckTales is set in the past, there shouldn't be any 'future' technology like iPhones etc. Hate to break it, but Scrooge died in 1967

They went into space...

Why am I not surprised at this response?

Because you realise that the character of Scrooge McDuck is a stinging critique of capitalism?

• Like 1

No, thank you. I loved watching them during my childhood, but the return will still be targeted at kids and I'm all grown up (well, mostly). If it's not 3D, old style comics-like and in HD, I would probably watch though if the script stays true to old style narrative.

It's a cartoon targeted to kids; I doubt they'll care if "the script stays true to old style narrative".  I sure as hell didn't when I was watching DuckTales.

• Like 1

Because you realise that the character of Scrooge McDuck is a stinging critique of capitalism?

If that is all you saw in the cartoon then you must have had one miserable childhood.

I feel bad for you.

• Like 3

If that is all you saw in the cartoon then you must have had one miserable childhood.

I feel bad for you.

If you can't understand humour...

I would like to see a few things come back...darkwing duck, gargoyles, ducktales, rescue rangers...these were great cartoons and I have fond memories of them

• Like 1

I understand good humor.  You honestly think he was joking huh?

Very much yes.  Nobody with any seriousness would accuse Disney of making an anti-capitalist comment.

Apparently my humour is too dry for some people. We're talking about an anthropomorphic cartoon duck that swims in gold coins. Yes it's slightly critical of capitalism

I would like to see a few things come back...darkwing duck, gargoyles, ducktales, rescue rangers...these were great cartoons and I have fond memories of them

Gummi Bears!

It's a cartoon targeted to kids; I doubt they'll care if "the script stays true to old style narrative".  I sure as hell didn't when I was watching DuckTales.

They won't and I didn't either. But, having watched them as a kid, I don't want them done in the style of the 21st century with the duck brothers talking about selfies and all that drivel.