14 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

I hear you. I'll be able to play the game no sooner than on Saturday evening :/ But I've already done my pre-load! :) 

Just did the pre-load yesterday and patiently waiting for tonight.  

23 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

I hear you. I'll be able to play the game no sooner than on Saturday evening :/ But I've already done my pre-load! :) 

mwGYDqO.gif

I hate steam's pre-load system. why can't they unpack the games an hour or 2 before release, then when it hit's 0 hours download the final few files like the .Exe, and a few others then let folk get on enjoying titles as soon as.

I've had pre-load's unpacking so slow, I just deleted them and re-downloaded the whole thing since it would be quicker.

AI is still painfully bad. It looked like barbarians had horsemen from the beginning, random attacks from friendly civs still happen frequently, they have accelerated science and production (judging from the one city state having an army larger than most civilizations and just randomly moving them around without purpose), pillaging hurts way too much with the new tiles. I'm also not a huge fan of the new worker (well, builder) system and roads etc, though those features seem to be put in the back seat. The battle prediction system (Decisive victory etc) is also buggy, I've lost several promoted (albeit damaged) units to decisive victory losses.

Can't judge things exactly from one game, which is why I'll be going at it again. But that is my bitch list so far. The main mind ###### is getting around the new way tiles are developed. I do like the civil/social tree and government systems, and it looks quite nice.

How is the diplomacy? Are you able to better control your city-states? It's pretty dumb to have made peace with someone only to have your city-state still at war with them. The diplomacy in Beyond Earth was dumb. So what did they do with the diplomacy this time?

On 10/20/2016 at 1:19 PM, Andrew said:

The opening theme...

Tis pretty good, but 4's is still king :wub:

What language are they singing in? It sounds really good! And I agree about 4!

A pretty boring game.

In the previous games, you got to watch many short video clips while playing the game. These were my favourite and they are now all mostly gone. 

If you have some good memories playing the previous installation of the game, you should keep them.

I wouldn't recommend buying this one. The AI is exactly the same as 20 years ago.

However, if you've already bought it and want to make you gaming experience slightly more enjoyable, I recommend that you enable 1) quick combat, 2) quick movement, and 3) auto end turn in game options. 

On 10/22/2016 at 4:27 AM, jnelsoninjax said:

I think it's Latin. 

fired off nuclear device and thermonuclear devices there.

nuclear device is kinda like the old civ nukes. only they will wipe out a cities defenses and surrounding troops about the size of the squares a new city takes up.

thermo pretty much wipes out a full grown city and all it's improvements troops.

you have to decontaminate the land through the city improvements.

there is some  difference in the animation, therom pretty much takes up the whole screen and well I actually :woot: when it dropped.

ground units also seen to take damage by passing through contaminated land

On 10/21/2016 at 9:27 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

It's Swahili which is used in Tanzania and parts of several neighboring countries.

2 hours ago, RandyC said:

It's Swahili which is used in Tanzania and parts of several neighboring countries.

Not in Civ 6, they are singing in Italian (found an interview with Christopher Tin), in Civ 4 the song was Swahili

15 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Not in Civ 6, they are singing in Italian (found an interview with Christopher Tin), in Civ 4 the song was Swahili

Yep you're right .. it's Italian for Civ6 and Swahili in Civ4. Didn't see which one you're question was referring to :)

The Civ4 theme is quite famous now outside of Civ4 as it was played at the UN amongst other places.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've played quite a few games now meeting different win conditions. I like the diplomacy. I would like a diplomatic victory option like in Civ V where city states are more pivotal. I like how religion has been reworked.

It's a real shame that they overlooked the defeat cut scenes. You only see the end-game cut scenes if you win leaving you wondering to whom you lost. It's kind of unforgivable. And they still haven't added them after a DLC release.\

I was real disappointed to find that cities are not destroyed by nukes. You have to take the city and raze it. My playstyle does not include annexing cities.