Alien: Covenant - Prometheus 2

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

She has a very small cameo and David from first movie is supposed to serve as the tie-in.

Someone on reddit said she filmed weeks of material :/ It would be a shame to waste the character so soon. I think she has a really strong screen presence, a great successor to Ripley.

• Like 3

I'm afraid her badge and possibly some audio/video recordings could be all that's left of her. It's been 10 years since the events of Prometheus. Chances are she's dead. 

If her role is small then it'll be in the form of video files and or audio recordings that the new characters find, etc.

Anyways, about this movie itself, I get a Aliens vibe, but without the space marines, I know it's too late now, filming is over etc, but someone should go in and add a "game over man" line, just for Bill.  I'd try to do that if I could.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, Syanide said:

Someone on reddit said she filmed weeks of material :/ It would be a shame to waste the character so soon. I think she has a really strong screen presence, a great successor to Ripley.

I couldn't agree more. I thought she was going to be the next big female hero and now it seems like her role is minor. Maybe she was afraid of being typecast?

Can't wait for this movie though. Prometheus is one of my favorite scifi movies of all time.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, Mirumir said:

I'm afraid her badge and possibly some audio/video recordings could be all that's left of her. It's been 10 years since the events of Prometheus. Chances are she's dead. 

ripley kept coming back, seems a shame to loose a main character.

Maybe we'll be surprised when the movie comes out, either way, I wouldn't compare her to Ripley so soon though.  It also depends on where this new movie is going, Prometheus was about the engineers or w/e, this new one seems to be about the aliens again.  You could argue that it's not a sequel to the other movie at all, sure the David character is there, but is that the same one from the last movie?  I mean he's a droid, who's to say they don't have a factory pumping out Davids left and right?

6 hours ago, George P said:

Maybe we'll be surprised when the movie comes out, either way, I wouldn't compare her to Ripley so soon though.  It also depends on where this new movie is going, Prometheus was about the engineers or w/e, this new one seems to be about the aliens again.  You could argue that it's not a sequel to the other movie at all, sure the David character is there, but is that the same one from the last movie?  I mean he's a droid, who's to say they don't have a factory pumping out Davids left and right?

It's been confirmed a long time ago that the one that we see in the trailers isn't David. His name is Walter. However David does have a role in the movie, from what I've read.

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

It's been confirmed a long time ago that the one that we see in the trailers isn't David. His name is Walter. However David does have a role in the movie, from what I've read.

I haven't been following too close with all the movie news, more and more I like to go in cold, I'll watch a few trailers but that's the extent of it, so I didn't know, it's nice to see I was right in what I was thinking.

I rewatched Prometheus, as my brother's been excited about the new trailer so we wanted to revisit a few of the movies. I have to say, it actually managed to put a huge dent into my excitement for the new one. Such a disappointingly flawed movie, to put it nicely.

Will see it.

I would have liked to see more of Shaw, though. I actually liked Prometheus, and her as a character; it just wasn't the same type of movie as the Alien movies like some people wanted. A movie showing her and David arriving at the Engineers' home planet would have been an interesting adventure even though I'm sure hard to pull off.

The problem with Prometheus wasn't that it was different than older Alien movies. In fact, I'd argue most people welcomed something different than basically the same story we already saw four times before. The problem was that it was pretty bad at everything it tried to achieve.

On 3/5/2017 at 4:26 PM, Syanide said:

The problem with Prometheus wasn't that it was different than older Alien movies. In fact, I'd argue most people welcomed something different than basically the same story we already saw four times before. The problem was that it was pretty bad at everything it tried to achieve.

Can you give me some details about this. I have always heard fans speak negatively of Prometheus, but never understood why. I was too young when the Alien movies came out and have watched them, but never enough to know all of the details. For someone who isn't aware, what were some of the glaring problems with Prometheus? 

On 3/5/2017 at 6:26 PM, Syanide said:

I LOVED Prometheus!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Can you give me some details about this. I have always heard fans speak negatively of Prometheus, but never understood why. I was too young when the Alien movies came out and have watched them, but never enough to know all of the details. For someone who isn't aware, what were some of the glaring problems with Prometheus? 

I'm not speaking for others here but if you ask me I'd say any "problems" it has are all subjective.   Some people love it some think it's ok, and others find problems here and there for whatever reason.  Did you like it when you saw it?  I'd say if you did, that's all that matters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George P said:

I'm not speaking for others here but if you ask me I'd say any "problems" it has are all subjective.   Some people love it some think it's ok, and others find problems here and there for whatever reason.  Did you like it when you saw it?  I'd say if you did, that's all that matters.

I did enjoy the movie and have since watched it again and still enjoy it. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Alien: Covenant Sequel is Actually a Prequel Titled Awakening

Alien: Covenant is due in theaters in just a couple of months and will continue the story that began in Prometheus. Both of these are prequels to Ridley Scott’s classic 1979 science-fiction/horror masterpiece Alien and will reveal the origin of the Xenomorph in that film.

There was a five-year production gap between Alien: Covenant and Prometheus but director Ridley Scott has promised the next film won’t be such a long time coming. The filmmaker recently said the next Alien installment would likely be ready to go within a year’s time and that it has already been written. Scott hopes to “crank out” as many Alien movies has he can for another six years.

In a recent interview with the director along with Covenant stars Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride over at Fandango, Scott was asked about the timeline in the series. His response seems to have revealed not only the name of the next film is Alien: Awakening but that it may not take place after Alien: Covenant at all. Here’s what he let slip before Waterston cut him off:

It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way….

Katherine-Waterston-and-Ridley-Scott-on-

While it seems pretty definitive that the next film is titled Alien: Awakening it is possible that is just a working title. What is more intriguing is that, up to this point, it’s been assumed that the order of prequels leading up to the events of the original Alien would proceed in a linear fashion. Scott also revealed just how many films after Covenant there are, saying:

There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien… If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more.

This sequence of events makes Awakening not only a prequel to Covenant but a sequel to Prometheus in a prequel series to Alien — which begins to get a bit confusing. Why Scott chose to go this route is uncertain but we do know that Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw from Prometheus’s fate remains unknown. Awakening may fill in those gaps, with Scott also cryptically hinting that while Rapace is in Covenant as Shaw, she won’t be “fully” returning in the film.

This is also the first time Scott has given what seems to be a definitive answer to just how many Alien prequels there will be. As it stands, if both Alien: Covenant and Alien: Awakening are successful we can expect another trilogy before the entire prequel series backs into the original film.

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-prequel-awakening-title/

15 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

Alien: Covenant Sequel is Actually a Prequel Titled Awakening

Alien: Covenant is due in theaters in just a couple of months and will continue the story that began in Prometheus. Both of these are prequels to Ridley Scott’s classic 1979 science-fiction/horror masterpiece Alien and will reveal the origin of the Xenomorph in that film.

There was a five-year production gap between Alien: Covenant and Prometheus but director Ridley Scott has promised the next film won’t be such a long time coming. The filmmaker recently said the next Alien installment would likely be ready to go within a year’s time and that it has already been written. Scott hopes to “crank out” as many Alien movies has he can for another six years.

In a recent interview with the director along with Covenant stars Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride over at Fandango, Scott was asked about the timeline in the series. His response seems to have revealed not only the name of the next film is Alien: Awakening but that it may not take place after Alien: Covenant at all. Here’s what he let slip before Waterston cut him off:

Katherine-Waterston-and-Ridley-Scott-on-

While it seems pretty definitive that the next film is titled Alien: Awakening it is possible that is just a working title. What is more intriguing is that, up to this point, it’s been assumed that the order of prequels leading up to the events of the original Alien would proceed in a linear fashion. Scott also revealed just how many films after Covenant there are, saying:

This sequence of events makes Awakening not only a prequel to Covenant but a sequel to Prometheus in a prequel series to Alien — which begins to get a bit confusing. Why Scott chose to go this route is uncertain but we do know that Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw from Prometheus’s fate remains unknown. Awakening may fill in those gaps, with Scott also cryptically hinting that while Rapace is in Covenant as Shaw, she won’t be “fully” returning in the film.

This is also the first time Scott has given what seems to be a definitive answer to just how many Alien prequels there will be. As it stands, if both Alien: Covenant and Alien: Awakening are successful we can expect another trilogy before the entire prequel series backs into the original film.

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-prequel-awakening-title/

I'm confused, there's two movies coming?

Alien:covenant

alien:awakening ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

I'm confused, there's two movies coming?

Alien:covenant

alien:awakening ?

From what I understand Scott will go back and make a movie that maybe gives us the story of Elizabeth Shaw looking for the Engineers. 

Or he might just be trolling everyone.

5 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

From what I understand Scott will go back and make a movie that maybe gives us the story of Elizabeth Shaw looking for the Engineers. 

Or he might just be trolling everyone.

I don't think he's trolling, the studio is letting him do what he wants it seems so he's going to keep making these movies in this universe he helped create to begin with, hopefully expanding it more.  I'd love another aliens video game, last one was great IMO.

While I love the alien movies as much as the next guy I feel like if they're putting out too many of them that will kind of ruin what made them so great to begin with.

Over 6 years I imagine we'll get 3, maybe 4 movies at the most? Assuming around a 2 year production cycle.

40 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

While I love the alien movies as much as the next guy I feel like if they're putting out too many of them that will kind of ruin what made them so great to begin with.

Over 6 years I imagine we'll get 3, maybe 4 movies at the most? Assuming around a 2 year production cycle.

I think Ridley might as well go for it. Resurrection & the AVP movies already did a good job of "ruining" things, and Prometheus wasn't too hot either. The originals will always be the originals.

The new movies don't have to tie into everything aside from the original 2, and I think Ridley would be fine with pretending Alien 3 and 4 never happened, let alone the AvP movie.   Prometheus, hate it or love it, sets up things well, it allows them to expand the universe and go off into another direction.  I mean the original movie sets up for two alien races, why stop there?   Prometheus shows us that there could be lots of races out there, why not take the chance to introduce a new type of Alien in one of these new movies?

Alien: Covenant Poster – Xenomorph Paradise Lost

What Scott has never been afraid of inserting into his films – most notably in 1982’s Blade Runner – is the kinds of biblical themes about creation that has always appeared to fascinate him as a filmmaker. It only makes sense then that the newest poster for Alien: Covenant – released online by the film’s official Twitter account today – play completely and utterly into those themes, as it provides the Xenomorph and Engineer version of the famous Paradise Lost painting. Check it out for yourself below:

Alien-Covenant-Paradise-Lost-Poster.jpg?

Aside from just the obvious themes and parallels between the two stories, this poster acts as a direct callback to the original title for Alien: Covenant, when Ridley Scott announced back near the end of 2015 that the sequel would be titled Alien: Paradise Lost. The change led to a fair amount of confusion amongst the fandom at the time, but with most having forgotten about the original title at this point, the poster is a healthy reminder of some of the themes and story points fans can likely see explored in Covenant, in addition to plenty of shocking, bloody kill scenes.

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-movie-poster-xenomorphs/