Switch Latency patterns, what do you see here?

Have you considered any environmental issues? Is the switch or cabling getting electrical interference from something that is cycling on/off nearby (Heating/Cooling being the most likely culprits)?

Maybe the switch or cabling has faulty/dodgy shielding?

The device was moved into a different environment for tests and it still maintained the pattern...

issue is pretty much done now, the switch is being replaced and all we've been told is "it's a CPU condition"

not sure what that means but they seem to think something's up with the actual hardware CPU

well that sucks, but that is what tac is there for.   At the very least it was a learning experience. 

I had a dead port in a switch, it was as easy as telling TAC that I had a dead port, what I did to troubleshoot, and them getting an rma all in about 5 minutes of getting them on the phone. 

Yeah hardware can die in odd ways sometimes.  But sounded to me like that was how it was out of the box.. So basically DOA.. since it sure wouldn't be usable like that..  

Clearly a learning exp for sure.. Now kind of hope I run into that sort of issue ;)