How do you remove the virtual keyboard from the sign-in screen after installing the Creator's Update?

Hey guys,

Just installed the new Creator's Update for Windows 10 and really want to remove the new 'Virtual Keyboard' that now appears on the sign in screen.

Does anyone know how to do this and if and where the option is to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure which keyboard you mean - the osk or the touch (dark).

For the accessibility one:

Go to Ease of Access center.

On left hand side change signin settings.

Untick the box for the osk on login.

Capture.PNG

Appreciate the reply zhangm, I can't take a screen shot of the sign in screen so I've made a mock up to show what my sign in screen now looks like since the Creator's Update.

I can't find any way to get rid of the keyboard from the sign in screen, it doesn't appear anywhere else on my desktop and it wasn't there pre-update etc.

It's as if Windows thinks I'm using a tablet/touch screen device but I'm not - just a regular desktop PC!

Does anyone know how to get rid of it or where the setting in the registry may be so I can edit it to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

example.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, that previous mock-up wasn't quite right.

My login screen looks exactly like this:

example_zps01alylmg.jpg

I've spent hours wading through all of Windows 10's options trying to find a way to remove this keyboard but non of the accessibility options seem to apply to the log on screen.

Does anyone PLEASE know how to remove this keyboard from the logon screen or where to look in the registry etc to remove it from appearing?

Thanks for reading.

What type of computer is this? What input peripherals do you have? Did you fresh-install or upgrade to 10?

I can't get my Surface Book to look exactly like your image, even without the keyboard attached.

Also just another shot in the dark, has this setting been twiddled?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/customize/desktop/unattend/microsoft-windows-gpiobuttons-convertibleslatemode

Thanks for the reply guys, really appreciate it.

It's a standard desktop PC, no touch devices with a regular mouse & keyboard etc.

The good news is after spending even more hours wading through the registry I finally found this line - I removed it and rebooted and it fixed the problem :)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AccessibilityTemp]
"osk"=dword:00000000

I checked on my other PC's and none of them have an "AccessibilityTemp" key, "Accessibility" yes but not a "temp" one!!

Just thought I'd post this solution in case it ever happens to someone else that may be searching online for a solution.

Thanks again :)